sterling galvo zinc isolator

Featured Posts

hi  every one ,i will be spending more time on my shoreline power  at the moment. i have a sterling 30amp/110v/230v,ac galvo zinc isolator .would i be advised to get this bit of kit set up .on the boat ,if so is this an easy fix or do i need to get an expert to do this ,thanks in advance 

27 minutes ago, haza said:

hi  every one ,i will be spending more time on my shoreline power  at the moment. i have a sterling 30amp/110v/230v,ac galvo zinc isolator .would i be advised to get this bit of kit set up .on the boat ,if so is this an easy fix or do i need to get an expert to do this ,thanks in advance 

Assuming you mean a galvanic isolator then it depends upon how much you know and how practical you are. In theory you will only be cutting into and possibly extending the green and yellow "earth" cable which is safe, but it might involve the blue/black  and brown/red wires in the mains circuits and the  brown/red one can kill you if you get it wrong. While I would happily fit one myself if you don't feel confident that get it fitted professionally.