Sunken boat, Droitwich staircase

gatekrash

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Grassman said:

This appalling behaviour has resulted in other people's boats being damaged, others affected by being held up when the lock was out of action, and probably some of the following weeks hirers having their holidays cancelled at short notice. And these morons will just look back on the experience and recall what a great laugh they had. 

As with many other aspect in life it's just a few that spoil things for the majority.

And, of course, 'there was no party'.

3 hours ago, Grassman said:

This appalling behaviour has resulted in other people's boats being damaged, others affected by being held up when the lock was out of action, and probably some of the following weeks hirers having their holidays cancelled at short notice. And these morons will just look back on the experience and recall what a great laugh they had. 

As with many other aspect in life it's just a few that spoil things for the majority.

They will probably become politicians when they grow up. 😈

• Happy 1

On 22/05/2022 at 20:04, Alan de Enfield said:

Someone will take the bait eventually

Obviously been cast aside!

23 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

They could probably have gone to Benidorm for less money. Purpose built place for morons holidays!!

There’s actually, as we speak, a RN reunion taking place there.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zimzim said:

Listening to Jeremy Vine mangling a news item by misconstruing every possible aspect is always excruciating - this was no exception.

I can’t listen to him as I end up throwing things at either the radio or tv….the bloke needs knocking of his bike by a large truck…it will be a service to humanity. 

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, zimzim said:

Listening to Jeremy Vine mangling a news item by misconstruing every possible aspect is always excruciating - this was no exception.

It was indeed pretty dire ! Sounded like he'd been out on a stag do beforehand...

Guess he's a marmite character... there must be some who enjoy listening to/watching him. It ain't me...  reach for the off or change station button straight away....

His brother Tim on the other hand - far more entertaining 

20 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Guess he's a marmite character... there must be some who enjoy listening to/watching him. It ain't me...  reach for the off or change station button straight away....

His sister Di made some odd films with that John Waters bloke though

2 hours ago, frangar said:

I can’t listen to him as I end up throwing things at either the radio or tv….the bloke needs knocking of his bike by a large truck…it will be a service to humanity. 

He's a national menace as he winds up situations that need smoothing out.

2 hours ago, jonathanA said:

I haven't found a single thing he said funnyhe just spouts a load of naff one liners.

On 22/05/2022 at 19:58, gatekrash said:

Well that report's a load of bull do-do ! Love the "quick to react" comment - if only ABC or CRT had done so. ABC were aware there was an issue within a couple of hours of them leaving Worcester - 3pm the first complaint came in from someone at our marina who was dropping down to Worcester and came across them, we contacted them at half 5 ish when we were almost T-boned on the moorings at Tibberton, and then our friends boat was hit by them shortly after. Problem is there is no easy way to contact ABC in person out of hours.

ABC here are doing damage limitation, as soon as you talk to them their first comment is 'full training was given'.  But to their credit they have asked anyone who has any damage whatsoever to email them and they have promised to sort it without argument. 

I know for a fact that CRT were also told via their emergency line of what was happening but weren't in the least bit interested and said it wasn't their issue. And it was sod all to do with lock operation and all to do with being p*ssed and out of control.

Having been moored overnight on the CRT mooring opposite ABC's yard at Avelchurch. We were awoken in the morning when an ABC boat hit us several times. We flew out of bed to see what was going on. Only to find that a ABC hire boat was being handled by the staff and had been reversed back to have a pump out. They had left the boat tied loose on just the middle rope and the front was left banging into us. I shouted at the worker and told him to do something about it. I then got the manager telling me off for being rude to his staff. 

So if that guy showed them how to handle the boat then no wonder the stag party handled it like they did, and ABC reaped what they deserved.

• Greenie 1
  • Unimpressed 1

I've moored directly opposite the yard at Alvechurch on numerous occasions without incident and have also hired numerous times from ABC at different locations. Their handovers are no better or worse than anyone else's and in reality a lot depends on the individual doing the handover. That seems to be in the nature of boatyard employment.

Also note that Alvechurch wasn't the hire base from which this particular crew departed.

I find it odd that folks want to blame ABC given that with the damage to a £100k+ vessel plus potential cancellation/transfer of bookings they are possibly the only real victims of the actions of the people who are actually responsible. In amongst all the (mock) outrage who else apart from ABC and perhaps a small number of their customers has suffered a real loss?

Note that although the crew may have caused flooding to a road there is a longstanding leak below lock no. 1 at Hanbury that affects the B4090 and that while the woman who claims to have been hit by an ABC hire boat at Astwood Lane, Stoke Prior may be telling the truth it's unlikely to have been the crews that sank the boat because the route from Worcester to Droitwich doesn't directly pass that location.

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Greenie 3