Starter For 10 (Location Quiz)

mark99

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Froghall.

Yes.  When I took the boat down that side arm, a woman ran out of the cafe to tell me I was going the wrong way. :D

This wasn't news, as I'd just come up from the basin, but she couldn't understand why I like going to rarely used nooks and crannies.  Mind you, neither does MrsBiscuit, she just puts up with it!

5 minutes ago, mark99 said:

I will have to make it harder next time!

Shame there's no boats there.  Is the Caldon closed at the moment?

15 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yes.  When I took the boat down that side arm, a woman ran out of the cafe to tell me I was going the wrong way. :D

This wasn't news, as I'd just come up from the basin, but she couldn't understand why I like going to rarely used nooks and crannies.  Mind you, neither does MrsBiscuit, she just puts up with it!

No I think the Caldon is fully open?

Wonder if it was Hetty!

Looking to move my boat to the Caldon - as it's so close.

Edited by mark99

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Just Froghall Tunnel in the way! (for most of us)

7 hours ago, JohnEW2912 said:

Isn't the Caldon closed between bridges 1 and 13? The CRT website says it is, until 23/6.

I think you may be correct. Have seen boats moving but am at far end.

"Since November 2021, the Trust’s contractors have been working between Ivy House Lift Bridge and Bucknall Road Bridge on the Caldon Canal to stop leakage from the canal through the embankment. 

As the project has progressed we encountered problems that were not expected and as a consequence were unable to plan for. We are investigating how these could have been better predicted. As a result the works have unfortunately run significantly behind schedule. Regrettably it is now expected that the work will continue until the summer, with the canal unable to reopen until 23 June 2022.

We are sorry about this late announcement and are very aware that this will impact on many boaters planned boat movements for this spring and early summer. We recognise it would have been helpful to let some people planning their boating know earlier, however we wanted to establish all the facts to get clarity on the length of the extension before making an announcement. We are working with our Navigation Advisory group to look at further improvements to communicate with boaters when work’s don’t go as planned. We are making every effort to reopen the canal as quickly as possible and will look for any opportunity to bring the completion forward. We have already implemented weekend working"