Winter stoppages 2022/23

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

It's that time of year again!

The draft winter stoppage list is available for comments.  CRT won't always change their mind, but are usually receptive to altering timings a bit if there is a sensible reason for it.

Public consultation schedule 2022

9 May – draft notices published for public to comment on

3 June – deadline for submitting comments (first round)

4 July – revised notices published for public to comment on

29 July – deadline for submitting comments (second round)

15 August – final winter maintenance programme published.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/winter-stoppages

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Just what we needed, as the days lengthen and the temperature rises: a reminder that winter is not far behind!

Nah, it's ages away yet. 

I was just thinking that @Midnight could check when they are planning to shut Yorkshire again - although of course the plan doesn't allow for the emergency stoppages ...

The other useful thing about early planning is that it helps CCers decide where they might like to either head for or avoid over winter.  If a favourite area has limited or no access to services it's handy to know before the stoppages happen.

• Greenie 2

20 minutes ago, Athy said:

Just what we needed, as the days lengthen and the temperature rises: a reminder that winter is not far behind!

Only a month to go and the days start getting shorter and the countdown to Christmas begins. Horrific!

22 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Only a month to go and the days start getting shorter and the countdown to Christmas begins. Horrific!

Still a bit more than a month, but I get your drift.

4 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older

Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death

Always good to keep in mind...

Edited by Puffling

18 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Nah, it's ages away yet. 

I was just thinking that @Midnight could check when they are planning to shut Yorkshire again - although of course the plan doesn't allow for the emergency stoppages ...

The other useful thing about early planning is that it helps CCers decide where they might like to either head for or avoid over winter.  If a favourite area has limited or no access to services it's handy to know before the stoppages happen.

I suspect Yorkshire will be closed several more times before winter and I wonder when C&RT will start erecting blue signs saying "This lock under repair" or "No water until it rains" or "Beware wolves in this area" etc. On the Huddersfield and Rochdale they could add the slashline "Better with water"

Edited by Midnight

19 hours ago, Puffling said:

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older

Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death

Always good to keep in mind...

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon 🙂