Geese and goslings in a crèche?

Puffling

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Talking of pike, I think they must be the most common dead fish I see floating in the cut, saw quite a few compared to other breads last time we were out.

Wholemeal, sourdough, foccacia? Or plain white? Is the canal in a middle class area?

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2022 at 15:50, Puffling said:

Monkeys have a different alarm call to warn the rest of the troop about dangerous predators being spotted. One call means "danger in the air", another indicates "danger from below".  I wonder if the quacks of ducks might one day be decoded and be shown to be carrying similarly nuanced information?

Whenever my boat passes some ducklings, they seem to invariably try to escape by darting in precisely the wrong direction, heading away from the mother urgently quacking at them (and sometimes actually towards where my boat is heading). So if quacking is directional, the kids haven't figured out left and right yet 🙂