Random poultry attack, you can’t make this up !

BD3Bill

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, frangar said:

Can you message CRT about the state of the locks via customer services or twitter please....the reports get logged now and the more reports the more chance there is of getting stuff fixed...I know its a pain but otherwise it will never happen.

I'm not on twatter, but happy to email customer services. I did ask the CRT bod at Birstall whether any repairs were planned - she didn't know. (These were not vollockies, I think they were trying to recruit friends).

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, George and Dragon said:

I'm not on twatter, but happy to email customer services. I did ask the CRT bod at Birstall whether any repairs were planned - she didn't know. (These were not vollockies, I think they were trying to recruit friends).

I thought the CRT had given up with the comission driven recruiters, after paying out as much as they took in income. It's a bit of a daft idea, to my mind, best to get more people involved, as volunteers, etc.

Everyone is different, but if I felt so inclined I'd just donate. For me they would be the people who use the towpaths regularly, as a lot of cyclist use them, a few large signs would be needed, maybe at barriers, or a leaflet.

22 hours ago, frangar said:

Me too. It’s my nearest city. It needs more boats to go through tho and use the moorings. It’s sad when incidents like this happen but to be fair they can happen all over……hence my call to report it so plod might put the bacon sarnie and a mug of tea down and actually walk a beat from time to time. 

Correct that for you.

19 hours ago, George and Dragon said:

Reply received.

Thank you for contacting the Canal and River Trust. 

We appreciate your frustration with the locks and can advise these are scheduled for repairs.

With regards to improving the area, you will be pleased to learn the Trust are currently working together with the local council and businesses on a joint project to do just that.

Kind Regards,

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

Reply received.

We appreciate your frustration with the locks and can advise these are scheduled for repairs.

With regards to improving the area, you will be pleased to learn the Trust are currently working together with the local council and businesses on a joint project to do just that.

Kind Regards,

At the least that means it’s been logged on the customer services system which despite what some may say is logged and figures on customer satisfaction figures. Thank you for taking the time to do that. 

36 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

Reply received.

Kind Regards,

I admire your pluck.  See what I did there?