Geese and goslings in a lock, heartless boater

Leemc

Featured Posts

44 minutes ago, frangar said:

It’s the same as those that see fit to eat pig….would they also feel the same eating their pet Labrador? Yet pigs are often deemed just as intelligent. Why attach different values? 

Because pigs taste good

• Unimpressed 1

Just now, Murflynn said:

you are really good at confusing apples with spacecraft.  twit !

Why is it so different? Maybe think about it next time you are at the tiller or behind a wheel.....oh and the insult is laughable....

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Things are obviously changing - in the past a number of folk have been banned for saying the T**T word

Is it now acceptable ?

No, which is why appropriate action has been taken.

Just now, Athy said:

No, which is why appropriate action has been taken.

Can we have a list of words that are and are not acceptable....I suggest that many of the so called banned words are used in everyday conversation and indeed on TV these days.....

3 minutes ago, frangar said:

Can we have a list of words that are and are not acceptable....

Of course you may not.

To print them would be against the forum's rules.

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

Why do I have the feeling that you are probably in your head thinking thats a serious reply.....

<waving and SHOUTING angrily> Major emergency, you have omitted an apostrophe and that is a catastrophe of the first order. Without that apostrophe, animals might be harmed. Just possibly. I think. Well ok maybe not but I’m still going to shout and wave about it just in case

Edited by nicknorman

Just now, Athy said:

Of course you may not.

To print them would be against the forum's rules.

You might post in jest but how are we to know when a rule has been broken or is it just at the whim of a mod...lets not go back to when you were banned when you dared to hold a different opinion to a mod

7 minutes ago, frangar said:

You might post in jest but how are we to know when a rule has been broken or is it just at the whim of a mod...lets not go back to when you were banned when you dared to hold a different opinion to a mod

I'm not sure if that has ever happened, certainly not in my time as a moddy. The dorum exists as a vehicle for the expression of a variety of opinions. The moddies remain impartial and take action only when the mode of expression is inappropriate, as I'm sure you know.

Just adhere to decent, civil parlance and you'll be fine.

Thread Locked - this has gone beyond debate, discussion or even argument and descended into a slanging match

We do not have rules over how to enter into debate other than basic civil behaviour - some of you are not displaying that.  The original poster made a valid point about entering a lock that had wildfowl in it, this could have been debated and some people tried, for others a red mist descended. Red mists get threads locked and may get warning points. 

Be aware we do not identify on the forum any action we take against specific individuals, so when you ask "why did they get away with it" they may not have done. If foul or abusive language is pointed out to us we act.