Electric bikes

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, LadyG said:

A scooter and a small motorbike on towpath tonight, does no one enforce these regulations, I would assume they are not allowed? Two motorbikes earlier.

Had two quad bikes and a crosser racing up the towpath on the Ashby when we were up there end of May, all unlicensed and ridden by young idiots without helmets.

No different to being home as theres several idiots on unlicensed crossers and pitbikes that fly up the village on their way to ruining local moorland. I believe police SOP is not to give chase, so they just get away with it time and time again :( 

15 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Had two quad bikes and a crosser racing up the towpath on the Ashby when we were up there end of May, all unlicensed and ridden by young idiots without helmets.

No different to being home as theres several idiots on unlicensed crossers and pitbikes that fly up the village on their way to ruining local moorland. I believe police SOP is not to give chase, so they just get away with it time and time again :( 

If police give chase and scrote dies, people moan, if they dont give chase people moan, if police/authorities remove children from unsafe home, people go ballistic ( been there ) if they dont and kid dies people go ballistic, do you see were this is going.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

If police give chase and scrote dies, people moan, if they dont give chase people moan, if police/authorities remove children from unsafe home, people go ballistic ( been there ) if they dont and kid dies people go ballistic, do you see were this is going.

Well if you are going to get flak either way, then chase the scrote and remove the child.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I know the reason why they don’t chase ‘em and i understand it. But softly softly catchee monkey, plain clothes at distance to see where they end up, pounce when least expected and crush the vehicles in a bin wagon while they watch.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

I know the reason why they don’t chase ‘em and i understand it. But softly softly catchee monkey, plain clothes at distance to see where they end up, pounce when least expected and crush the vehicles in a bin wagon while they watch.

With the scrotes on them?

18 hours ago, LadyG said:

A scooter and a small motorbike on towpath tonight, does no one enforce these regulations, I would assume they are not allowed? Two motorbikes earlier.

And who do you expect to lay in wait 24 hrs a day for one of these to come by? The same man who has the speed gun to catch speeding boaters or the one at every lock to see who leaves paddles up.

55 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

And who do you expect to lay in wait 24 hrs a day for one of these to come by? The same man who has the speed gun to catch speeding boaters or the one at every lock to see who leaves paddles up.

That's multi-tasking and in my experience not many people do it well... 🤣😂

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I think CTV is available these days, surveillance, these bikes won't be cheap, and they lose their licence as well.

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I think CTV is available these days, surveillance, these bikes won't be cheap, and they lose their licence as well.

Come on they can't even identify people who rob banks with them. How often would you plan to install them and how many people to sit and watch the monitors until a bike shot past at 40 MPH. Do you think they have licences or even buy the bikes?

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

11 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Come on they can't even identify people who rob banks with them. How often would you plan to install them and how many people to sit and watch the monitors until a bike shot past at 40 MPH. Do you think they have licences or even buy the bikes?

They have number plates. 

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

They have number plates. 

Nope, the ones that scream up the village here have no plates, some of the pilots are in the 12-15 age bracket too as daughter recognises them from school.

Similarly the ones on the Ashby had no plates either. 

3 hours ago, john.k said:

The import of pit bikes and other annoying Chinese crap was banned here,and such is the low  quality of these things,there wasnt one to be found  operational a few months after the ban.

Thats a sad indictment on the mechanical ingenuity of Aussie youth :( 

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I can assure you four of the ones I have seen have number plates and look road legal. Only seen one on something like @MtB rides!

But are they legit numberplates? Or are they false ones or cloned from similar legal bikes?

2 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Thats a sad indictment on the mechanical ingenuity of Aussie youth :( 

But are they legit numberplates? Or are they false ones or cloned from similar legal bikes?

I would think so, they all looked pretty normal, not like pikeys!

On 09/05/2022 at 23:23, MtB said:

I disagree. There are still plenty of police around to persecute easy targets such as motorists.

DAMHIK.

I've been a motorist from age seventeen to seventy and never been persecuted. 

Got caught for speeding once when I was twenty one, paid the fine, learned the lesson, unblemished before and since

I disagree. There are still plenty of police around to persecute easy targets such as motorists.

DAMHIK.

DAMHIK.

I had one driving lesson before my test.

After that I used to have lessons from my boyfriend who was a policeman, he showed me how to drive safely.

Got caught for speeding once when I was twenty one, paid the fine, learned the lesson, unblemished before and since

DAMHIK.

I ve had a licence from age seventeen, that's about sixty years, one speeding fine.

Edited by LadyG
Take lessons

DAMHIK.

Got caught for speeding once when I was twenty one, paid the fine, learned the lesson, unblemished before and since.

I would recommend anyone who wants to learn how to drive to pay for lessons after they have passed the test and have at least five thousand miles on the clock

25 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Why didn't you report them then?

Well I did think about it, as that was four in one day, but it would be non specific as I don't have the numbers.

I am not sure what the legal situation is as CRT don't seem to have any guidance, there was a group of speeding male cyclists went past shouting and whistling as well. .

Very busy. Intimidating.

I think pedestrians have priority over cyclists, as defined on a nearby blue notice.

There are also red ' no swimming' notices on some beam balances. Presumably in response to recent fatalities.

If I don't know the exact rules, it's unlikely casual users would take note. 

CRT can't even arrange proper grass cutting for safety of their own stakeholders, they are obviously not going to take action on reckless towpath usage until a fatality, then we might see a red notice, though it's unlikely as these are giving out negative vibes, and presumably not "Better by Water"

Edited by LadyG