Recommendations for free Blog software

Grassman

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

Perhaps you should Ask a Mod to change the title for you - it 'seems' that they cannot do it on their own account!

Yes I tried to edit the title but couldn't. Mods please change it to Blog if it's possible.

But despite the wrong thread title it's provided me with a lot of options to look at so thanks everybody for your suggestions.

17 hours ago, MtB said:

I had worse than that a few years ago. They demanded a copy of my council tax demand to verify my name and address!

Needless to say they didn't get it.  

Scam in progress?? (See Rip off Britain)

On 09/05/2022 at 10:20, Mike Todd said:

Perhaps you should Ask a Mod to change the title for you - it 'seems' that they cannot do it on their own account!

Indeed we can, but in this case I would never have realised that the title was incorrect if somebody hadn't pointed it out. Now changed - not without incident, as at first I accidentally deleted two letters instead of one, so the heading read "Bog Software".

21 hours ago, Athy said:

Indeed we can, but in this case I would never have realised that the title was incorrect if somebody hadn't pointed it out. Now changed - not without incident, as at first I accidentally deleted two letters instead of one, so the heading read "Bog Software".

Bog Software. Another toilet topic on CWDF!

😀

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

You could try Mastodon. It has 'instances' that are for every subject. So, you could sign up at a travel one like: https://travel-friends.chat/about

You post to it like you would with something like Twitter: photos, text, hashtags, etc. Very easy.

You can see posts from people you follow, or posts on your instance (travel in this case) or from everywhere (the fediverse). I use an art instance. I find it quite friendly.

There are a couple of Android apps for it (official Mastodon app, but I prefer the Tusky app). I think the official app is also on Apple. This makes it easy to post. You can, of course, post from the website too.

Someone should set up an instance for canal users. That'd be pretty cool. I could look into this if enough people were interested in it.

On 13/05/2022 at 18:01, ronnietucker said:

You could try Mastodon. It has 'instances' that are for every subject. So, you could sign up at a travel one like: https://travel-friends.chat/about

You post to it like you would with something like Twitter: photos, text, hashtags, etc. Very easy.

You can see posts from people you follow, or posts on your instance (travel in this case) or from everywhere (the fediverse). I use an art instance. I find it quite friendly.

There are a couple of Android apps for it (official Mastodon app, but I prefer the Tusky app). I think the official app is also on Apple. This makes it easy to post. You can, of course, post from the website too.

Someone should set up an instance for canal users. That'd be pretty cool. I could look into this if enough people were interested in it.

Someone on another platform said: 

For those who suggested mastodon over twitter... having to re-register for mastodon for everyone's instance of mastodon is too tedious.
I have no knowledge, someone replied:
Strange, I've never heard of that or had to do it. Sometimes I've needed to tell mastodon which account on which instance I was following from so that the two could communicate, but not sign up for a new account on their instance.

9 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

Someone on another platform said: 

For those who suggested mastodon over twitter... having to re-register for mastodon for everyone's instance of mastodon is too tedious.

I have no knowledge, someone replied:
Strange, I've never heard of that or had to do it. Sometimes I've needed to tell mastodon which account on which instance I was following from so that the two could communicate, but not sign up for a new account on their instance.

Nah. You just sign up on one instance and you can see everything. The idea of instances is just that it stops one person owning everything. It also means you can have your most important interest being local (for me art, so I joined an art instance).

22 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

Nah. You just sign up on one instance and you can see everything. The idea of instances is just that it stops one person owning everything. It also means you can have your most important interest being local (for me art, so I joined an art instance).

Clearly the first person I quoted had failed to understand. 

Maybe they had different expectations from the system designers.

Another vote for blogger. Apart from the pandemic we've done a blog every year April to October since 2013. Family and friends worldwide check in every day. We post two photos with a pithy title and a short irreverent paragraph each day.