Mooring between locks on Rothersthorpe flight

Newboater22

Featured Posts

Hi,

We have a 26ft GRP fiver cruiser and need to get through the Rothersthorpe lock flight but we only have an afternoon and then won't be back on the boat until 4 days later. Would it be OK to moor up part way through the flight or is there not enough space? 

I am thinking we will need to get all the way through but wanted to ask in case there was a chance there was somewhere to moor. 

Thank you for your advise

Historically it was a no way would you moor in the flight, recently there have been issues with travellers and paddles being deliberately raised to drain pounds and some of the shorter pounds leak and self drain. Having said that we often pass the odd moored boat who seem ok and haven't heard of any issues. The most common mooring spot being between Lock 13 and 14 near some newish housing. Also some boats moor just above Lock 17. For us its £10 a night in Northampton Marina or Gayton Junction

1 hour ago, Newboater22 said:

Hi,

We have a 26ft GRP fiver cruiser.

Where did you buy it?

Can you get me a 26ft GRP cruiser for a fiver?

Don't mind if the engine is knackered. 😃

1 hour ago, Newboater22 said:

Hi,

We have a 26ft GRP fiver cruiser and need to get through the Rothersthorpe lock flight but we only have an afternoon and then won't be back on the boat until 4 days later. Would it be OK to moor up part way through the flight or is there not enough space? 

I am thinking we will need to get all the way through but wanted to ask in case there was a chance there was somewhere to moor. 

Thank you for your advise

I dont think I would fancy leaving a boat down there, you should be able to do them all in an afternoon