Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/15-2

jeanb

Featured Posts

Advice please.

We are preparing our boat after winter lay-up on shore power. The Mastervolt charger has been on and flashing for five hours whilst charging the (new July 2022) BT battery, which is reading 14.5 volts at present. It’s never run for that time before so what’s going on? Unless we’ve missed something the manual isn’t of much help.

Grateful for suggestions/advice/help thanks.

So the charger wasn't left on over winter and you've just switched it on? If so my guess is that the batteries have self discharged or there was a small load left on so the charger is working hard to get them charged up. 5 hours isn't that long if they were well discharged.

• Greenie 1

Thanks for replying. The battery is 110Ah and I regret I don’t know how to measure the amps. The battery is isolated over winter as was our previous one, which lasted 6 years. (The covid layup did for it). In previous years the charger goes into float after about half an hour. We switched it off overnight and the battery read 13.4 volts this morning.

Here’s an update. The charger is still flashing but the charger is not running but making a faint clicking noise. Usually when the charger stops the light remains steady and the unit is quiet. It charged the BT battery up to 15.2 volts this morning.