Old friends canal services.

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Perhaps @alan_fincher and @matty40s are the same person. Has anyone ever seen them together. 

Good to have you back Alan.

Come back Matty

I have met both and I can say with a degree of confidence they are not one and the same.

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

Perhaps @alan_fincher and @matty40s are the same person. Has anyone ever seen them together. 

Good to have you back Alan.

Come back Matty

I know Alan quite well and have met Matty a couple of times, they are not the same person, but then you already knew that 😃

Edited by David Schweizer

On 08/05/2022 at 11:19, Nightwatch said:

Being an ex-messdeck habitant, political comments go over my head and like many others, turn my back. Three things weren’t allowed discussion in the mess, Football,politics and religion. (But there always was, but at some point in the proceedings someone would quote ‘the rule’ and the beer fridge would get raided. Calm would be restored.

A CWDF beer fridge, what an excellent idea! 👍😂

On 08/05/2022 at 11:19, Nightwatch said:

Edited by cuthound
To remove a duplicate post.

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

A bit posh, but I’ll give it a go!

Better do it properly though -- big glass, plenty of ice, large glug of Zealot's Heart gin, plenty of Fevertree tonic (preferably out of the fridge), a couple of slices of lime squeezed and dropped in. Yum yum, mine's another one... 😉

English (or UK) pub G&Ts are just pathetic... 😞

Edited by IanD

41 minutes ago, IanD said:

Better do it properly though -- big glass, plenty of ice, large glug of Zealot's Heart gin, plenty of Fevertree tonic (preferably out of the fridge), a couple of slices of lime squeezed and dropped in. Yum yum, mine's another one... 😉

English (or UK) pub G&Ts are just pathetic... 😞

I'm not really a G&T fan but I regularly have orange and tonic (I could tell the story of why!) but recently I have been given a reason to treat it as medication - goody!

1 minute ago, Athy said:

How fortunate, then, that most of them sell ale as well.

Indeed, and much of it delicious nowadays -- which is why I drink it in pubs, often in significant quantities... 😉

• Greenie 1