Old friends canal services.

Featured Posts

He last posted in March, so not that long ago. Some members do take a break and return later.

I got the impression that he knows several other members in real life - perhaps one of them cn update us.

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

He last posted in March, so not that long ago. Some members do take a break and return later.

I got the impression that he knows several other members in real life - perhaps one of them cn update us.

Indeed.

I just thought it curious as the web site for 'old friends' has gone too.

7 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Indeed.

I just thought it curious as the web site for 'old friends' has gone too.

Yes, and your concern is appreciated, thank you.

So, has anyone out there seen him?

3 minutes ago, Kiwidad said:

Yup, he is absolutely fine.

The not posting thing I get. Lots stop or have a break but I found his web site disappearing strange.

Has he given up his business? 

1 hour ago, Kiwidad said:

Yup, he is absolutely fine.

That' good news. I e-mailed him earlier todayto enquire after his well-being but have, as yet, received no reply.

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

We had drinks with him and his wife at a pub close to their mooring about a week ago.

They are absolutely fine, as Kiwidad has already said.

Strewth, another blast from the past.

12 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

We had drinks with him and his wife at a pub close to their mooring about a week ago.

Welcome back, Alan. It been a long time and we have missed you

• Greenie 4

Just now, haggis said:

Welcome back, Alan. It been a long time and we have missed you

And the blogs. Last time I checked there didnt appear to be any recent up dates.

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Welcome back Alan.

2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

We waved on Monday last, but you probably didn’t realise who it was. You were on the bow of Sickle as we cruised past for drinky poos wit Matty & Kathy

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Alan!!!

Welcome back, I've missed you on here. The place has not been the same without you. :hug:

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Alan Good to see you back. Hope that you are in good health. You have been missed.

I spoke with Matt a couple of days ago. He and Kathy are fine

4 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I hope your post signifies a return to the forum Alan, you have been missed.

• Greenie 1

Thanks for your good wishes, everybody.

Yes, I am back - if a single post constitutes being back!

We'll see how it goes, although the forum had become somewhat toxic round about the time I stopped posting.  However I'm not seeing any of that now, so fingers crossed.

15 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Thanks for your good wishes, everybody.

Yes, I am back - if a single post constitutes being back!

We'll see how it goes, although the forum had become somewhat toxic round about the time I stopped posting.  However I'm not seeing any of that now, so fingers crossed.

But it's not a single post now is it?  :)

Welcome back and also @Kiwidad

Welcome back Alan. Your experienced comments have been missed. The forum has gone through some abusive periods but has calmed down somewhat. ‘The’ other site that I haven’t visited has helped in some way, in my view.

19 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

The forum has gone through some abusive periods but has calmed down somewhat.

What has actually happened is the disgraceful and unpleasant posting still happens but it has been ring-fenced inside the "Politics and Current Affairs" board. There are so many breaches of forum rules in there that Team Mod seems to have mostly given up on it. 

• Greenie 2

24 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Welcome back Alan. Your experienced comments have been missed. The forum has gone through some abusive periods but has calmed down somewhat. ‘The’ other site that I haven’t visited has helped in some way, in my view.

Eh!, How do you know if you haven't visited it? :)

Being an ex-messdeck habitant, political comments go over my head and like many others, turn my back. Three things weren’t allowed discussion in the mess, Football,politics and religion. (But there always was, but at some point in the proceedings someone would quote ‘the rule’ and the beer fridge would get raided. Calm would be restored.

4 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Eh!, How do you know if you haven't visited it? :)

Good point. I hear things!!

7 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Being an ex-messdeck habitant, political comments go over my head and like many others, turn my back. Three things weren’t allowed discussion in the mess, Football,politics and religion. (But there always was, but at some point in the proceedings someone would quote ‘the rule’ and the beer fridge would get raided. Calm would be restored.

Good point. I hear things!!

Mmm, I'll let you off. :unsure:

2 hours ago, MtB said:

What has actually happened is the disgraceful and unpleasant posting still happens but it has been ring-fenced inside the "Politics and Current Affairs" board. There are so many breaches of forum rules in there that Team Mod seems to have mostly given up on it. 

I try to stay out of that obnoxiuos area of the forum, I'd close it if it where mine.