New boat registration and verifying measurements

Poppin

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Poppin said:

When registering a newly built boat with the CRT, I see that you put in the length and width yourself. Is there any process of confirming these dimensions? For example, do they require a surveyors report? 

Not as far as I know. You tell them. 

Try not to make a mistake and put too short a length onto the form, or your license may cost too little. 

You may also find when selling it, the shorter registered length works against you. Unless of course you put 59ft on a 65 ft boat! 

• Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, MtB said:

Not as far as I know. You tell them. 

Try not to make a mistake and put too short a length onto the form, or your license may cost too little. 

You may also find when selling it, the shorter registered length works against you. Unless of course you put 59ft on a 65 ft boat! 

And don't go overboard on Draught, both air and depth. If you want to book a trip down the Mont if they think you are too deep the booking wont work

15 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

And don't go overboard on Draught, both air and depth. If you want to book a trip down the Mont if they think you are too deep the booking wont work

I was refused transit through Standedge by the computer as it said air draught too high. Spoke to a real person and said been through twice before with cratch dismantled and given the ok.

1 minute ago, pearley said:

I was refused transit through Standedge by the computer as it said air draught too high. Spoke to a real person and said been through twice before with cratch dismantled and given the ok.

Do CRT have records of air draft then? Never noticed it on the details on their website for any of my boats.

22 minutes ago, MtB said:

Do CRT have records of air draft then? Never noticed it on the details on their website for any of my boats.

Yes, it is one of the non mandatory fields when you do your license.  I had to fill it in to book Harecastle but I just made something up that was lower than the air draft for the tunnel.

15 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

You can update the draft yourself online on the licensing site, it was missing on ours and it needs it to let you book the Ribble Link for example

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Is that length, beam, draft, air draft, all the above? 😀

I don't know it's never been checked since I told BW is was that length, but my license is very cheap. 😆

• Haha 1