Car in peak forest canal

Chris T

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Dont you just love place names!! I always liked Aptrick as a good one.

On long car journeys as a kid i used to like looking at the back of the AA map book where all the place names were listed, always something to make you chuckle and wonder at how it came about down the years.

Slawit is just a local nickname for Slaithwaite, although these vlogger types would have you believe "that's how its pronounced locally" 🤬

Similarly neighbouring Linthwaite is called Linfit. My mate from Skelmanthorpe couldn't tell me why locally it was called Shat, but i can guess :D  

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

So that’s where the taxi driver from Slawit moved to

I'm unaware of the tale of the Slaithwaite cabby, did he also drive into the canal?

Edited by Athy

10 minutes ago, Athy said:

I'm unaare of the tale of the Slaithwaite cabby, did he also drive into the canal?

Yup, just before Christmas 2021.

Badly reported story HERE (click that link at your own peril, its the local paper that belongs to the Reach group and all their websites are heavily ad infested, so much so it will literally grind Chrome to a halt on my iPad)

• Greenie 1