Curtain Rods

Peugeot 106

Featured Posts

I have cheap brass coated extendable curtain rods in the boat which are corroded. They are around 30” long before being extended to about double that length.

They seem to be imperial big tube 3/8” small tube 7/16”

Does anyone please know where I can get replacements?

A11E67B8-5385-44D9-A15C-92220DFD7F16.jpeg.94b54f53eb68b048703e232a2f426a75.jpeg

Thank you

I would imagine any good DIY store would have curtain rods and also Harveys, Dunelm and many others.

Dunelm brass curtain pole 

https://www.polesdirect.com/product/35mm-allure-classic-antique-brass-ball-eyelet-curtain-pole?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV1B2iEDH-magKRbbEd44mwKaAuv6CUOfh28KyQMNCnmyx6edm660p4aApLKEALw_wcB

27 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

I would imagine any good DIY store would have curtain rods and also Harveys, Dunelm and many others.

Dunelm brass curtain pole 

https://www.polesdirect.com/product/35mm-allure-classic-antique-brass-ball-eyelet-curtain-pole?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV1B2iEDH-magKRbbEd44mwKaAuv6CUOfh28KyQMNCnmyx6edm660p4aApLKEALw_wcB

Thanks but i’m trying to find some the same diameter ie 3/8” and 7/16” so that i don’t have to replace the brackets. I just wondered if they were a standard product I could buy off the shelf. If not I may just buy some pucker solid brass rod which would be better as having a bit of heft it wouldn’t keep falling off like the current ones.

The current ones are ok ‘ish if they weren’t so corroded  

12 hours ago, David Mack said:

Limekiln's website shows 10mm brass tube, but they are out of stock at the moment.

Or search online for "cafe rod". Most suppliers don't quote a diameter, but they are much slimmer than standard curtain poles.

Yes, Cafe curtain rod is the search term to use. Lots around. Good chance of finding a match.

Thanks everyone. I looked up net curtains and cafe curtains but nothing jumped out the same diameter. We are just about off on our travels so i’ve wire wooled them and the curtains now slide easily and the rust looks like speckles. I may try some solid brass rod using the existing ends when we get back or wooden dowel.

David it does seem an obvious and neat solution to fasten them to the brackets. I didn’t think of that - too obvious!!

Good idea Tony or I will try metals4u when we get back for solid brass rods. Some of the backwater chandlers may have some in imperial sizes. Or I may even find tube in the same sizes. 

17 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think many chandlers stock brass fiddle rails and brackets of about that size - at a suitable marine price! - so probably worth having a look when you pass any.