Have you seen this boat?

merline

Featured Posts

In search of Iona, a 60ft Bantock bros conversion, last known to be sold to someone in Yorkshire about a year or so ago, I am a previous owner just interested in her wellbeing, would like to chat with new owners 

This pic is most up to date I could find, from an expired Apollo Duck ad 

Thank you! 

5407633.jpg

3 minutes ago, Canal321 said:

If it was still on that mooring in November 21 maybe it got moved with the others.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/113280-mersey-and-wye-ll-shortboats/

I thought it might be that one, but it had been there a lot longer than a year and isn't in Yorkshire.

The boat definitely isn't there anymore since the tugs and crane came ...

I got that information from the people I sold her to, they said they sold it "about" a year ago to someone in Yorkshire,  of course it could have been a lot longer than a year and she may not be in Yorkshire!

Anyone know what became of the five boats from that mooring? 

Thanks to the leads given here and confirmation from members of the leeds and liverpool Facebook group I am pretty sure Iona was one of the five removed from Burscough by CRT, however on contacting CBS I am told that she has never been at their Greenwalls farm site...

So the mystery continues,  anyone else out there recognize this boat? 

FB_IMG_1646933859699.jpg

5 hours ago, merline said:

So the mystery continues,  anyone else out there recognize this boat? 

Hmmm interesting. Your bow looks awfully like one of mine. I wonder if yours is the long lost opposite end of mine, a converted Stuarts and Lloyds tube boat.

17 minutes ago, MtB said:

Hmmm interesting. Your bow looks awfully like one of mine. I wonder if yours is the long lost opposite end of mine, a converted Stuarts and Lloyds tube boat.

I believe it was a GWR dayboat, I picked that up somewhere but I don't remember where.....

10 hours ago, MtB said:

I've come across double-ended BCN dayboats with two 'sterns', but never one with two bows!

• Love 1

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

I've come across double-ended BCN dayboats with two 'sterns', but never one with two bows!

The bow section in the photo is from a single ended horse drawn boat. It's a bantock by the look of it but not one of the early ones as they had D strakes rather than the bulb plate rubbing strakes.