L&L, Winding at BR 181

Opener

Featured Posts

Probably already well known locally but ....

Towpath side bank near Br 181 and opposite the marked winding hole has collapsed/subsided. Presumably to avoid further damage via prop wash from vessels winding, someone has kindly dumped a load of large rocks into the apex of the winding hole and 'protected' the rocks with wooden stakes. It may still be possible to wind shorter boats in the gaps to the sides of the rock pile - good luck!! 

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Snaygill or Skipton junction if you're over 50ft depending on which way you are going.

? Snaygill - depends upon how many hire boats are on port or/and traffic around dry dock entrance. There is actually a winding hole just past br182a - not shown on all maps. 

Skipton - Springs Branch junction is OK but usually far too many gongoozlers. Made a twit of myself there a couple of days ago. Too many stray boats moored in the junction and I lost sight of my bow - hey-ho!