Taking screenshot ?

LadyG

Featured Posts

I have worked out how to take a photo on my tablet.

But the requirement is for a copy of bank account, also the CRT licence, neither of which are on paper.

I can fill my screen with my account details, cutting off the money side, but how do I get a screenshot, and does it then go to my gallery, is photos?

Tx

Depends on the tablet as some manufactures add their own methods.  It could be by holding the power button and volume down together or just holding the power button on its own.

The screenshot will be saved locally on the tablet and should be accessible through the photos app.

24 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I have worked out how to take a photo on my tablet.

But the requirement is for a copy of bank account, also the CRT licence, neither of which are on paper.

I can fill my screen with my account details, cutting off the money side, but how do I get a screenshot, and does it then go to my gallery, is photos?

Tx

You may not be able to take a screen shot of your account. In newer versions of Android and through the banking apps. this is often disabled for security reasons.

However the most usual way on Android is power button and volume down pressed simultaneously.  until the screen flashes. This may work if you open your bank page in a browser.

It will then be saved in your gallery

Just now, NB Esk said:

If it’s an iPad, home and power button simultaneously and you’ll hear the camera click.  The image is then in your photo album.

I believe she has previously mentioned it's a Lenovo.

It's a Lenovo

Ok, I had to use the off on button, but I now can't find the screenshot, it's not in gallery where photos are.

I hate computers.

It goes in to a different directory, and I've sent it to someone, somewhere.

Now I'm trying to get rid of Three, but they think I should try later!

My lenovo - <vol down>+<power> takes screenshot and saves it in storage/pictures/Screenshots.

My Gallery app seems to have been replaced by (Google) Photos. opening this allows one to navigate the 'on device' folders....  

• Happy 1

On older Windows devices, the screenshot function just used to save the image to the clipboard, from where it had to be pasted somewhere to save it. Nowadays I think an actual image file is created. It is in my Samsung Androud smartphone, and gets saved in a folder in the Gallery.