While we’re talking cassettes

Moke

Featured Posts

I notice that while I’ve been out at work today there seems to have been quite the discussion about the nicer part of boating. This leads me to ask if anybody can help with my quandary?

According to the instruction book we’ve got a Thetford C-403L and it’s only got the one cassette. I do, of course, want to buy a spare and the fresh up kit seems to be the cheapest option. The problem is, which one do I need? I’ve found one on fleabay at around £96 that says it’s for C400 but then there’s another at around the same price that says it’s for C2 C3 C4 and looks very similar then there’s one that’s about 320 dearer, looks like the C400 one but has a little funnel near the handle. 
  I’m totally confused so any help would be appreciated…

19 minutes ago, Moke said:

I notice that while I’ve been out at work today there seems to have been quite the discussion about the nicer part of boating. This leads me to ask if anybody can help with my quandary?

According to the instruction book we’ve got a Thetford C-403L and it’s only got the one cassette. I do, of course, want to buy a spare and the fresh up kit seems to be the cheapest option. The problem is, which one do I need? I’ve found one on fleabay at around £96 that says it’s for C400 but then there’s another at around the same price that says it’s for C2 C3 C4 and looks very similar then there’s one that’s about 320 dearer, looks like the C400 one but has a little funnel near the handle. 

The key is the 'series' number.

So in your case you should be OK with the Series 400 one.

The c2 c3 c4 is different.

If you buy from someone who will take it back (unused obviously) if its wrong you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Moke said:

The brochure has a diagram illustrating the types, and indicating (by colour code of the cassette fittings and shape) which is which that might be helpful.

Thetford_FUS_Brochure_EN_Web.pdf

Edited by alias

2 hours ago, Moke said:

So now that’s been done I’ve got (well, will have) a bog seat surplus to requirements…..does anyone want/need one for nowt?  

Unlikely.

This is one of the eternal mysteries of boating. Why you get a new unwanted bog seat with the 'freshen up kit', when what you actually want is a spare cassette or three.

ISTR you can buy just the cassette by itself (or used to be able to), but the price is only pennies less than a whole new bog. 

54 minutes ago, MtB said:

Unlikely.

This is one of the eternal mysteries of boating. Why you get a new unwanted bog seat with the 'freshen up kit', when what you actually want is a spare cassette or three.

ISTR you can buy just the cassette by itself (or used to be able to), but the price is only pennies less than a whole new bog. 

Strange that, ive already said that.

Anyone would think you had me on 'ignore'.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 26/04/2022 at 20:38, Moke said:

So now that’s been done I’ve got (well, will have) a bog seat surplus to requirements…..does anyone want/need one for nowt?  

I just gave mine to a neighbour as the cassette I bought came with a toilet seat that didn't fit my toilet. But if it had been the right seat I'd have kept it as a spare.