Bulbourne Workshop and Manager's House

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

I was sad to see the closure of the Bulbourne Workshops where lock gates used to be made. Also next door is the manager’s office, which for the last twenty years had been allowed to decay.

Waterways was never going to find a use for these buildings which were in a very poor state of repair, so it comes as a pleasant surprise to see, IMO, a sympathetic restoration.

20220425_110930.jpg

20220425_110953.jpg

20220425_111010.jpg

20220425_111059.jpg

20220425_111145.jpg

• Greenie 3

Has the bridge been repaired and the towpath re opened? It was closed late last year and I was wondering if a modern replacement was in the offing. Looks like the bridge is still there, but cant see if all is sorted. 

Looks like some aren't sold yet, I dread to think of the price. Tring is horrifically priced with such good rail transport links too. 

https://www.bulbourneyard.co.uk/the-dwellings/ 

3 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Has the bridge been repaired and the towpath re opened? It was closed late last year and I was wondering if a modern replacement was in the offing. Looks like the bridge is still there, but cant see if all is sorted. 

Yes the footbridge is in place.  Much needed.  That road bridge was very dangerous for pedestrians.

20220425_162051 (2).jpg

• Greenie 1