Wago’s and doubling up in the connector

Adam1991

Featured Posts

Hi all, we’re using wago 221 clip connectors to connect 12v stranded cables. 

we have been twisting two positive cables into one side of a 2way connector and having one cable connecting to the outlet on the other side. So essentially making two cables become one cable so that we can connect up usbs and din sockets.

Is this ok and safe to do? It’s a very good clamped connection with the two twisted strands in one side. The cable doesn’t pull out at all. They are also well within their recommended amp rating. 

Edited by Adam Mc Gowan

There are various sizes of Wago and similar, 2 , 3, 5 strand connectors. I have done as you do when I only have a 2 wire connector though. An adult will be along shortly to smack our legs...

I've also just found some double ended 3 way wagos for connecting 3 strand cable, colour coded blue brown and yellow. 

Putting 2 wires straight into 1 wago connector doesn’t work - one isn’t gripped. As you say, if you twist them together they both get a share of the grip. So it isn’t good from a purist point of view, but from a practical point of view I suspect it will be OK. But as said, 3 way wagos and especially their clones, are dirt cheap so why scrimp? Yea I get it, “too late”! Don’t worry too much!