Identifying a 12 volt connector

Rincewind

Featured Posts

Can anyone help me identify the manufacturer of this 3 pin / 6mm spade plug (and socket?) please - and more importantly, a (UK?) supplier.

I recently bought a new diesel on/off solenoid (sold as a replacement part for Kubota and Volvo tractors etc.) and it came with a fitted plug.  When I ordered it I had intended to cut off the plug and replace it with one of my own which I keep a small stock of, however on arrival it seems, on the face of it, that this is a pretty decent waterproof connector and could be pressed into service if only I could purchase the mating female part.

It has no identification marks anywhere, not even any manufacturing code numbers etc.  It is similar in style / appearance to a connector made by Deutsch but this particular plug is not within their ranges.

I have searched online with companies such as 12 volt planet, Altechautomotive, CPC / Farnell, RS, Mouser, Digikey some other smaller automotive companies and even eBay without success.  I did find an American eBay seller with a two pin socket for sale but they would not ship to the UK so I did not pursue the possibility of a 3 pin socket with them.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise it’s …..Off with its head!

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

If you know the engine the solenoid was designed for, then the main dealer would be able to tell you the part number of the mating part.  BUT they may not sell loose connectors, and sell you only a complete harness.  That would be eye wateringly expensive.  I would save time and cut it off.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

I would save time and cut it off.

Thanks Chewy, 

I wont be going down a complete harness route :lol:!

Time is not a factor, I can connect it by using individual female receptacles in the plug (that's how I tested it when it arrived to make sure it was not faulty) but that would not be waterproof or neat and tidy.  Not that it needs to be waterproof as it is located in the engine bay, but once I get the bit between my teeth I cant let go!  Its turned into more of a challenge now to identify it and source it!

I had a 15 minute trawl with limited success. I THINK it's C series plug/socket which you can google. I found something that suggested it might be a C19 miniature. Give it a whirl. If not I've got a pair of sidecutters you can borrow 😇

38 minutes ago, Rincewind said: