Boat move North to West London

PabloC

Featured Posts

Hi, you may have seen my posts in the new to boating section. I'm getting closer to purchasing but would be looking to move her down to West London from North London. Approx 18miles/7 hours on CanalPlan. 

Does anyone know of a helmsman who could help me with this? Or perhaps just an experienced hand who could be there as another pair of eyes for me?

Happy to pay for the support.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, PabloC said:

Hi, you may have seen my posts in the new to boating section. I'm getting closer to purchasing but would be looking to move her down to West London from North London. Approx 18miles/7 hours on CanalPlan. 

I'll be mightily impressed if you succeed in doing 18 miles in seven hours through central London!

You do realise you'll have to slow down as you pass the odd moored boat here and there don't you?!

But I agree it's a sensible thing to ask for some assistance. Hope it goes well for you.

1 hour ago, MtB said:

I'll be mightily impressed if you succeed in doing 18 miles in seven hours through central London!

You do realise you'll have to slow down as you pass the odd moored boat here and there don't you?!

But I agree it's a sensible thing to ask for some assistance. Hope it goes well for you.

I think he means that you'll have to motor very slowly to avoid shouts of 'slow down' as you pass the wall to wall moored boaters...

10 hours ago, OldGoat said:

I think he means that you'll have to motor very slowly to avoid shouts of 'slow down' as you pass the wall to wall moored boaters...

The wall to wall moored boats are generally in East London. 18 miles North to West London could easily be lock free

Thanks for the replies on this.

I wonder if anyone's around London/North London who'd be free for an hour to come view with me, as a second pair of eyes.

It would be my second viewing and I've already put in an offer that was too low for the seller.

Happy to pay travel expenses.

On 27/04/2022 at 22:43, PabloC said:

Thanks for the replies on this.

I wonder if anyone's around London/North London who'd be free for an hour to come view with me, as a second pair of eyes.

It would be my second viewing and I've already put in an offer that was too low for the seller.

Happy to pay travel expenses.

That sounds like it should have been your first question. No point worrying about moving the boat until it's yours. Or was there something else you posted in the new to boating section that I haven't seen that makes sense of this?

More importantly, I assume you're going to make the second offer subject to survey? Or not?

Edited by blackrose