Chinese or Indian in Middlewich.

haggis

Featured Posts

We are moored in Middlewich and, having eaten out the last few nights, it is perhaps time for a carry out meal.

Where does the team suggest are good Chinese or Indian takeaway s here now ? 

We are moored at the kiddies play park just along from.Big Lock. We would normally go there but had a disappointing meal there a couple of weeks ago so a change is on the cards.

Funny you should mention the chippy opposite Kings lock. The other day we gave a nice young chap a lift along the Macc to Kidsgrove and he told us that the chippy is owed by his aunty and if we went in  to say we had given him a lift and we would get huge portions. 

We did think of  stopping at that end of Middlewich but didn't so a visit there tonight is not on the cards.

Edited by haggis

Have they sorted that foot bridge out yet by the Big Lock?

It was going to be craned away and restored. 
There was a temporary scaffolding bridge in …2019? Can’t remember, the covid years have confused everything. 

And the Big Lock pub was up for a big refurb inside and out. Has that happened? Balconies and glass, stuff like that. 

I can recommend a dentist in Middlewich if you need one 🦷 

Thanks but don't need a dentist 🙂

Yes the footbridge at big lock has been restored and is now fully functional again and it looks very smart.

Big lock pub also had s refurbishment and we have often eaten there but a couple of weeks ago it was pretty awful and no one came to ask if everything was ok. I briefly mentioned it when we paid the bill but at that point not worth making a fuss but it just made us decide not to go back for a while. 

• Greenie 1

My last time on a night out in Middlewich was July 2019,so this recommendation comes with the usual "things may have changed " caveat but four of us had a good session in  The White Bear where we asked a few locals the curry house question.They pointed us towards Blue Ginger further down Wheelock Street which was busy (normally a positive sign) and we all enjoyed a  good sit down meal.They also do takeaways.

Hope this helps

4 minutes ago, Quaffer said:

My last time on a night out in Middlewich was July 2019,so this recommendation comes with the usual "things may have changed " caveat but four of us had a good session in  The White Bear where we asked a few locals the curry house question.They pointed us towards Blue Ginger further down Wheelock Street which was busy (normally a positive sign) and we all enjoyed a  good sit down meal.They also do takeaways.

Hope this helps

Yes, it does. I tend to keep cards and menus from eating places and I have just found one for Blue Ginger so that suggests that when we had a meal from there it was worth keeping the menu sadly, I have no idea how long ago that was but just been looking at their web site and it looks tasty

Just now, haggis said:

Is that Tesco Express ? I noticed there was an Indian restaurant next door.

Yes, the Express. Big store went Jack's now closed. Never been in the one next to Tesco

Just now, haggis said:

Blue ginger even .? 🙂

Oh yes.  Not green mold.

52 minutes ago, haggis said:

Big lock pub also had s refurbishment and we have often eaten there but a couple of weeks ago it was pretty awful and no one came to ask if everything was ok. I briefly mentioned it when we paid the bill but at that point not worth making a fuss but it just made us decide not to go back for a while. 

Had a good meal at the Narrowboat in Middlewich last time we were there. Despite the name it is not canalside, but not far to walk and its bigger inside than the street frontage would suggest.

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

Thank you, David, but Chinese or Indian is calling. Unusually for us we have not had Italian, Chinese of Indian this holiday. 

Understood. But just an alternative to the obbvious one for the next time you fancy a pub meal in Middlewich.

• Greenie 1

We went to the Blue Ginger. Iain had spent the afternoon servicing the engine so felt like a visit out was in order. Lovely meal although we were the only customers. It is not licenced so i had a glass ( not a bottle ) of water and Iain had a Coca Cola. These two drinks cost £4.80. !! No wonder we drink alcohol. ☺️

• Horror 1

4 hours ago, Goliath said:

Fancy fish n  chips?

Proper good one across the way from the King’s Lock. 

Otherwise I ain’t a clue about takeaways in Middlewich  😃

That is where we went last August when we were in Middlewich.

8 minutes ago, junior said:

As a former Middlewich residen I can recommend Blue Ginger for Indian, Paragon next door for a Chinese takeaway, White Bear for pub food and Kings Lock Chippie for fish and chips.

May just have to check one of them out or even two

19 minutes ago, junior said:

As a former Middlewich residen I can recommend Blue Ginger for Indian, Paragon next door for a Chinese takeaway, White Bear for pub food and Kings Lock Chippie for fish and chips.

Thanks, Junior. The meal on Blue Ginger last night was very good so we will go back.