Middlewich branch

saxplayer

Featured Posts

34 minutes ago, frangar said:

Nice twist. Forget it….believe what you want. 

You said you had seen their posts, and that you believed their story and that " those that blog can do nothing wrong…"  - which means what exactly?

And I'll believe a person who was there all day and who can confirm that CRT fixed the issue.

Edited by StephenA

23 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Single handed I am at them lock gates like a ferret up a drain pipe ready to get straight in as the boat comes out. 
Pass each other in front of the lock. 

No point hanging around on the lock landing being polite. Get in there!

If your in a queue and the boat in front sits there tied up until after the boat leaving the lock has passed and then struggle to get the bow out from the bank.  I'm with you on this and not single handed.

On 19/04/2022 at 08:14, Nightwatch said:

Preventative maintenance is the answer. The sooner someone ‘high up’ at CRT realise the better.

I'm sure they already realise it but would rather spend the money of blue signs, media people, contractors and artists. C&RT top management are a joke who are causing a lot of boaters a lot of problems and I think they don't give a flying fig. The sooner they are replaced the better for all.

• Happy 1

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

If your in a queue and the boat in front sits there tied up until after the boat leaving the lock has passed and then struggle to get the bow out from the bank.  I'm with you on this and not single handed.

Drives me mad it does. 

😃
Almost as mad as winding the paddles down before opening the gates. 

Just now, Goliath said:

Drives me mad it does. 

😃
Almost as mad as winding the paddles down before opening the gates. 

I agree, when somebody sits there waiting until the other boat has cleared them it really frustrates me.  I like to use the boat emerging from the lock to draw my bows out in to the channel so I can boat straight in.  And dropping an offside paddle before the gate is open, then waiting for a level.  I have often walked back to the lock and raised the paddle and told the other person they will be able to open the gate now with more water going in to the lock.

• Happy 1

Not only that, but those taking their time don't think of the impact it might have on others when boats are queuing to use locks. At 10 minutes per lock and 6 boats waiting, which can easily happen on a busy summer's day, the boat at the back of the queue will have to wait an hour to get through. If everyone takes 15 minutes to get through the lock that adds another half hour onto the 6th boat's waiting time.