Bosley

haggis

Featured Posts

That's us down Bosley locks with great help from the volunteers. It was not the quickest trip as we had a slow shared boat in front but that didn't matter as with having help I was able to do what I felt able to do and either the lockie or Iain did the hard bits. 

I had phoned C&RT to see if I could get help and I was advised to postpone our trip till Tuesday as the manager I spoke to didn't know if there would be any volunteers on on the bank holiday Monday. When we moored on the holding moorings last night we walked round and I put a note on the lockies hut door. He told me he knew yesterday we wanted help so everything worked out fine. 

• Happy 2

11 minutes ago, haggis said:

That's us down Bosley locks with great help from the volunteers. It was not the quickest trip as we had a slow shared boat in front but that didn't matter as with having help I was able to do what I felt able to do and either the lockie or Iain did the hard bits. 

I had phoned C&RT to see if I could get help and I was advised to postpone our trip till Tuesday as the manager I spoke to didn't know if there would be any volunteers on on the bank holiday Monday. When we moored on the holding moorings last night we walked round and I put a note on the lockies hut door. He told me he knew yesterday we wanted help so everything worked out fine. 

Great, I'm glad you got some help. Happy cruising.

• Greenie 1

I found the vlockies there more interested in helping their mates and chatting to each other than in speeding the flow or managing water levels on the flight when we last passed through 3 years ago….they also shut gates on us and turned a lock round as we approached…that resulted in an exchange of opinion……

Edited by frangar

24 minutes ago, frangar said:

I found the vlockies there more interested in helping their mates and chatting to each other than in speeding the flow or managing water levels on the flight when we last passed through 3 years ago….they also shut gates on us and turned a lock round as we approached…that resulted in an exchange of opinion……

Generally that's been my experience of them there. Maybe they've got a new batch in for the current crisis. Odd, but not at all surprising, that the manager Haggis phoned had no idea if any would be working on a bank holiday.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Generally that's been my experience of them there. Maybe they've got a new batch in for the current crisis. Odd, but not at all surprising, that the manager Haggis phoned had no idea if any would be working on a bank holiday.

I thought it even more odd that he suggested we postpone our trip till Tuesday. I reminded him that Bosley wasn't open on a Tuesday🙂

No problems with the lockies today. 

• Haha 1