Fan belt

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Michaelprout said:

Hi can anyone help and fit a new fan belt I'm in please

Beeston Nottingham canal side road 

Do you already have the fan belt and just need it fitting, or, do you need someone to supply & fit ?

If it is the latter then you will need to give details of the existing belt (length, width, part number etc) as each engine and each installation can be different.

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its Easter, time and a half,  £1000 plus a day in lieu, plus petrol money plus use of the comfy chair at weekends.  Top that!

Dammit, best I can manage is £800, payment in advance. And I'd rather have a day in Bournemouth than in Lieu. 

Just now, Nightwatch said:

Perhaps, just perhaps, Michael might actually need help in fitting his drive belt.

I agree but he seemed to be asking a forum member to come and do it with no mention of payment and no mention of asking for recommendations for an engineer in that area. It would not hurt to give some idea as to why he does not want to tackle it himself.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I agree but he seemed to be asking a forum member to come and do it with no mention of payment and no mention of asking for recommendations for an engineer in that area. It would not hurt to give some idea as to why he does not want to tackle it himself.

Indeed - but there is no need for the sarcasm from the likes of Tracy and MTB. Especially MTB.

They seem to 'get off' on being 'clever' with new posters. I don't know what their problem is.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

4 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Perhaps, just perhaps, Michael might actually need help in fitting his drive belt.

Well he's had a serious and reasonable of £200 for the trip from Tracy, but has not responded so far...

7 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Heaven forbid somebody new should come on here asking for help.

If I was in the Beeston area and felt I could help Michael I would ask further questions. I’m not so I didn’t.

Some may not even think about offering reward and some might not even think about receiving such reward. Some might be a bit ignorant of the fact that some may expect reward. For me, a thank you suffices.

I wonder if there ‘is’ anyone in the Beeston area that could possibly assist Michael.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Indeed - but there is no need for the sarcasm from the likes on Tracy and MTB. Especially MTB.

They seem to 'get off' on being 'clever' with new posters. I don't know what their problem is.

Oh do lighten up!

Not sarcastic at all but the guy seems to think everyone is at his beck and call. Just having a bit of a laugh, life is too grim to be serious all the time.

He has given no details of engine, whether he is sure he has the right belt, why he cannot fit it himself or indeed why he thinks he needs one at all. There is no fan on his engine either I bet. Does he mean an alternator belt or a water pump belt or a raw water pump belt?

Come on Michael, meet us half way, give us something to work on.

Incidentally my first offer was genuine, I can be there in 2 hours with tools.

Michaels opening gambit was to enquire if there is anyone in the area. (Willing to help). Someone puts up their hand and the conversation continues. That’s where the details come to light. And a deal is struck or not.

Just now, Tracy D'arth said:

Oh do lighten up!

Until we get to 'know' people I would say it's best to avoid 'humour' as it doesn't transfer well over the internet.

You may think you are being 'funny' but recipients may see it as unfriendly, unnecessary and unhelpful to someone dipping their toes into this place for the first time. And never return.

I don't see him thinking people are at his 'beck and call' - he is just asking for help with a boat problem on a waterways forum. If I was in the area I would along to see if I could offer any. 

I wouldn't be bragging about how much I could earn from a relatively simple task, even if you could.

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

Until we get to 'know' people I would say it's best to avoid 'humour' as it doesn't transfer well over the internet.

You may think you are being 'funny' but recipients may see it as unfriendly, unnecessary and unhelpful to someone dipping their toes into this place for the first time. And never return.

I don't see him thinking people are at his 'beck and call' - he is just asking for help with a boat problem on a waterways forum. If I was in the area I would along to see if I could offer any. 

I wouldn't be bragging about how much I could earn from a relatively simple task, even if you could.

You are a sick bunny if you think I was profiteering. Have you seen the price of gas?  Petrol?  tyres? On a holiday weekend I may be the only person willing to turn out. I am not in good health but would go to his aid but I cant afford to be philanthropic.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well, I certainly got the impression from his first post that he expected a member to turn out for him. I thought it was rather abrupt if he wanted help.

Just now, Tracy D'arth said:

You are a sick bunny if you think I was profiteering. Have you seen the price of gas?  Petrol?  tyres? On a holiday weekend I may be the only person willing to turn out. I am not in good health but would go to his aid but I cant afford to be philanthropic.

Where did I say you were profiteering?

You were I presume quoting the 'going' rate for a call out on a Easter Weekend, one which included significant travel.