Crick Boat Show 2004 - Winners information sought (possibly from old copy of waterways world?)

JenH

Featured Posts

Good evening all, 

I am after some information for my parents who are interested in a specific barge, which apparently won the Crick Boat Show 2004 'best in show'. I am posting on the off chance that someone keeps a record of these things, or knows someone who might! Alternatively, would this information contained within the waterways world magazine (or similar)? If anyone has an old copy from August 04 and could confirm this for me I would be eternally grateful! Best wishes, Jen :) 

21 minutes ago, JenH said:

Good evening all, 

I am after some information for my parents who are interested in a specific barge, which apparently won the Crick Boat Show 2004 'best in show'. I am posting on the off chance that someone keeps a record of these things, or knows someone who might! Alternatively, would this information contained within the waterways world magazine (or similar)? If anyone has an old copy from August 04 and could confirm this for me I would be eternally grateful! Best wishes, Jen :) 

Welcome to the forum.

The winning boat will almost certainly have been featured in either Canal Boat or Waterways World. Our (now sold) boat didnt win one year but featured in WW.

8 hours ago, JenH said:

Thanks all, that is really helpful - I tried google too and failed. Interestingly, that is not the boat I was led to believe won that year. Seems that the sellers of another boat have been telling porkies! 

Did they get the year right?

They could have made a simple mistake and got the year the boat in question won incorrect.

https://www.crickboatshow.com/exhibitors/showboats/favourite_boat_in_show_winners

Favourite Boats in Show past winners

2021 August Show - Oakumns Narrowboats - LarkRise

2021 Virtual Show - Finesse Boats - Tyloha

2019 Narrowboat - Boating Leisure Services - Two Hoots

2019 Widebeam Finesse Boats - 70ft x 13ft Brigantine.

2018 Narrowboat - Braidbar Boats - Elizabeth Ann

2018 Widebeam - Burscough Boats - What's The Hurry

2017 Narrowboat - Bourne Boat Builders - Threpence Ha’Penny

2017 Widebeam - Elton Moss Boatbuilders - Kingsley

2016: Boating Leisure Services - Silver Melody

2015: Boating Leisure Services - Columbus

2014: Boating Leisure Services - Shackleton

2013: Navigation Narrowboats - Emily

2012: MGM Boats - Snail’s Pace

oops, sorry that doesn't go back far enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Just name the boat or put a link to the sale advert. I’m sure someone will know it. The seller may just be going on information from when he bought it from the previous owner, unless he has owned it from new when it won an award at Crick?

I would say 2004 is too far back in time for “Crick winner” to add any real value to the boat being nearly 20 years ago.

However you say barge, Barge or Narrowboat? 

Edited by PD1964