Spot the Habitat

Heartland

Featured Posts

By not adding the picture or a link, you have certainly added a layer of complexity to, what sounds like, an already intriguing puzzle.

Guess what the picture looks like, then work out where it's taken?

Of course the irony is that anyone who knows the entire canal network well enough to work out where a picture of a heron is taken, probably doesn't need to win a canal holiday... they might prefer a week in Benidorm (c:

• Greenie 1

44 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Of course the irony is that anyone who knows the entire canal network well enough to work out where a picture of a heron is taken, probably doesn't need to win a canal holiday... they might prefer a week in Benidorm (c:

I suspect the competition might be to spot where in the picture the heron is (having been photoshopped out), rather than where on the system the photo was taken. In the same vein as the "Spot the ball" competitions popular when I was a yoof.

But for now the main task is to figure out where to find the photo! 

32 minutes ago, MtB said:

I suspect the competition might be to spot where in the picture the heron is (having been photoshopped out), rather than where on the system the photo was taken. In the same vein as the "Spot the ball" competitions popular when I was a yoof.

I used to use a pin to stick on the photo. When I heard a spurt of air, that was the ball

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

I used to use a pin to stick on the photo. When I heard a spurt of air, that was the ball

so, in this case, when you smell fish you've found the heron?

2 hours ago, MtB said:

Ok in the spirit of the game...

image.png.6e219f5b3e5d5fd7bddf32122dfd2f82.png

(although I think the reflection might give it away...🧐)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Heartland said:

There I was thinking that a canal forum "David Bellamy" might rush out of the foliage and say 

"it s a canal" !

I agree. It definitely looks like the heron (I've spotted it now) is standing in the canal.

Hope that helps someone win.

51 minutes ago, Heartland said:

Now the question is was the bird photoshopped or not ?

Here is a real one on the canal in Worcester.

Heron WB_001.jpg

And the habitat looks better too !

Definitely looks more environmentally-friendly due to being photographed on a potato ;)