Hard standing Bridgewater

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Grass is Greener said:

Sorry, forgot to add that it's for a widebeam. Hesford Marine can only accommodate narrows 

Also.... last time I was at Hesfords in 2019, they would only allow 3 weeks on a trolle and were very strict about it. It would have cost hundreds to be taken off the trolley and back on again.

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

Bedford Basin at Leigh?

Not an option at the moment.

Janet at the Boat & Butty, Runcorn may be able to help on 07534160810 but there's no crane on site so you'd obviously have to budget this in for when you're lifted out and back in again at the end of your work.

3 hours ago, Grass is Greener said:

hehe - Not bought yet. Planning 1st, 2nd and 3rd eh?

I'm in a similar position.

Am looking at a grp Highbridge Crusader that needs work, and need hard standing near Huddersfield. 

Nearest is Sowerby Bridge, but on enquiring there, was told that they were not geared up for fibreglass even though I only needed to antifoul it myself, I was told they would rather use the space for a steel boat.On enquiring about a mooring, again it was no. At 32ft was told it was too long for their short moorings and too short for their long moorings.

Came away with the strong impression that they were very much anti fibreglass.

Will try Stanley Ferry next, although it's a bit far to travel every time to do work.

• 1 month later...
On 08/04/2022 at 09:25, Grass is Greener said:

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of hard standing on the Bridgewater Canal? I'll need a couple of months to carry out some work. Good access and securing would be a bonus.

Thanks!

Have you tried worsley boat yard  I know they got wide beam dockt 

Just now, Jason rigby said:

Have you tried worsley boat yard  I know they got wide beam dockt 

Sorry moored 

• 1 month later...
On 09/04/2022 at 12:33, Mad Harold said:

I only needed to antifoul it myself

Just out of interest, apart from cosmetic appearance, does antifouling actually help? I've had years of ownership of grp cruisers on the cut and never antifouled any of them, any more than one would with a narrowboat.