Macc and Peak Forest

wandering snail

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Slow and Steady said:

It's just possible that CRT might not have all the trouble with keys if they priced themselves into the market. 2 keys posted = £17.51 from CRT, or £5.99 on Ebay. I know it's chump change in the scheme of things but you can see why people buy the Ebay ones.

Another approach might be for CRT to make their unique key blanks available to the locksmith industry. Presumably no-one copies the blanks due to fear of copyright enforcement.

42 minutes ago, MtB said:

Another approach might be for CRT to make their unique key blanks available to the locksmith industry. Presumably no-one copies the blanks due to fear of copyright enforcement.

I wouldn't know but they seem to want to have their cake and eat it. I can't imagine they even make any money from the keys so why not just let it go.

On the other hand I think it's bliddy annoying that every man and his dog can get a CRT facilities key! I don't know what the answer is to this but it's a bit mental when you can buy the things in bulk in China (which oh yes you can via Ebay).

For anyone planning to go down Marple locks in the morning, we were going to stop there this afternoon for shopping but couldn't find anywhere to moor.  Plenty of boats were facing away from the locks so assume they are not 'queuing' but even the lock landing had a boat on it (also facing away from the locks). 

3 hours ago, Chris T said:

For anyone planning to go down Marple locks in the morning, we were going to stop there this afternoon for shopping but couldn't find anywhere to moor.  Plenty of boats were facing away from the locks so assume they are not 'queuing' but even the lock landing had a boat on it (also facing away from the locks). 

Last three times I've up to Marple there's been nowhere to moor, and the same boats were there pointing in the same direction when I came back a few days later, and still nowhere to moor. 

I think this is the first time we haven't been able to stop at all. Not a big deal for us today, but will make it difficult for people wanting to use the locks, and makes Bosley appear the easier option with nowhere else to go once you are near the locks.

Of course this depends on how many are actually wanting to use Marple locks in the morning, it may be very quiet. 

There was loads of space near Ring of Belles and opposite the marina at Marple recently but this limited lock business was always going to cause problems. There’s lots of great spots towards Strines, which is only short stroll into Marple. Hopefully more space when boats go down locks tomorrow.