Battery fit out: space + box?

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, callumboater said:

Can do, I have Bukh Dv36. It wont be every evening though, maybe 3/4 days  week I can do that.

I don't have engine heated water. unfortunately

Ex Viking Afloat by any chance?  I had a DV36 in an ex Viking boat and it used a gas boiler to heat the water. It was nominally a raw water cooled engine slightly modified by Viking to run with a skin tank. Within a year I had the engine heating the domestic hot water, but it did involve running a pair of new large bore hoses and the Viking thermostat housing/bypass modification.

It also has two domestic batteries and one engine battery accessed via  a lifting section of the cockpit floor. I moved the engine battery to the swim and put another domestic battery in the existing battery  housing. Engine batteries last a very long time and as long as it is lead calcium is unlikely to need topping up until it has had it.

If you want more info feel free to ask - arguably the best canal boat engine apart from a tendency to smoke at idle and under light loads.

• Greenie 1