Canal side property with mooring for sale

Jezza

Featured Posts

Not a thing of beauty from the outside, but looks very habitable within apart from having no proper fireplaces.

The blurb carefully avoids saying that the owner has permission to moor a boat there, unless there was a crucial line which I missed.

Just now, mrsmelly said:

New member Jezza :D Are you the owner, or the Estate agent?

Hi. It was my Mum and Dad's house 👍They've lived there since 1995.

They had the mooring built by BWB, and spent the winter at home and the summer away on their boat

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

image.png.d79a96425bb2227707e4468e7ac61151.pngIf its one at the end its canal side

From another angle. From the photos it looks as though the house is the one outlined in blue, and the mooring is along the red line. It's interesting that the mooring seems to back on to the entire terrace of houses, with their boundary stepped back several feet.

1502613836_Screenshot2022-04-05124239.png.c7c10864ac5fdc2d8e7dccde1202d8a3.png

• Greenie 1

So the house has a triangular garden which narrows down to a gate which leads onto the separate rectangular mooring plot along the back of the houses. The adjacent property appears to have extended its garden into this rectangular plot.

So is the mooring land included in the title? Or is it just rented from CRT? And if so is the agreement transferable on sale of the house? What if one of the neighbours wants it?

48 minutes ago, alias said:

From another angle. From the photos it looks as though the house is the one outlined in blue, and the mooring is along the red line. It's interesting that the mooring seems to back on to the entire terrace of houses, with their boundary stepped back several feet.

1502613836_Screenshot2022-04-05124239.png.c7c10864ac5fdc2d8e7dccde1202d8a3.png

It doesn't look like a 70ft mooring. Is it a mooring only by consent of the other two properties?

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

It doesn't look like a 70ft mooring. Is it a mooring only by consent of the other two properties?

The OP hasn't responded to my previous post, but I suspect the mooring is a piece of CRT owned land which extends along the back of the three adjacent properties, with just a narrow gate onto the OP's parents garden, and the OP's parents have rented the land and mooring from BW/CRT

• 3 weeks later...