Pro charge Ultra question

Poppin

Featured Posts

Can anyone advise what happens when you leave a pro charge ultra plugged in on shoreline for days? Does it automatically switch off after float and then back on so many hours later? I’ve only ever used it with a generator so I don’t know and cannot find the info! 

48 minutes ago, Poppin said:

Does it automatically switch off after float and then back on so many hours later?

I very much doubt it. "Float" as a term means staying on for ever, at a low enough voltage not to over-charge the battery, and high enough to counter the self-discharge effect.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Poppin said:

Can anyone advise what happens when you leave a pro charge ultra plugged in on shoreline for days? Does it automatically switch off after float and then back on so many hours later? I’ve only ever used it with a generator so I don’t know and cannot find the info! 

I very much doubt that it has enough intelligence to know the difference between 230v delivered from a bollard and a generator.

Due to some Californian regulation after 72 hours of float the PCU goes to sleep. That is if it is used in bc mode but you can change it to PS mode to stop this. Instructions are on the sterling web site.

Sorry cant get the link to paste.

9 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I very much doubt that it has enough intelligence to know the difference between 230v delivered from a bollard and a generator.

It has the intelligence to know that a generator has been switched off, or run out of fuel ..... which was the point of the question, I think :) 

1 hour ago, sueanddaren said:

Due to some Californian regulation after 72 hours of float the PCU goes to sleep. That is if it is used in bc mode but you can change it to PS mode to stop this. Instructions are on the sterling web site.

Sorry cant get the link to paste.

I have mine set to PS, and have the float voltage set to be the same as the absorption voltage, such that when it reverts to float after a ridiculously short time, it remains at the voltage I require, rather than some arbitrary voltage that Sterling specifies.

Like the OP I use a generator, so have no idea what happens if on shore power, although I would expect it to revert to float voltage and remain there, if left alone.