Diesel price

dave mackie

Featured Posts

On 03/05/2022 at 20:38, jonathanA said:

I think the other used to be Ellesmere port bu t it's been about 20 years since I went there for a bottle (although considering it again...) I'm guessing they probably had a pipe from Stanlow refinery...

Dad worked at Shell in the gas filling plant, he said they eventually closed it and calor took over, we are talking 50+ years ago though.

No real point apart from Dad didn't last long because "I'm amazed they didn't bloody well blow themselves up", apparently they were a bit slack with H&S :)

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Dad worked at Shell in the gas filling plant, he said they eventually closed it and calor took over, we are talking 50+ years ago though.

No real point apart from Dad didn't last long because "I'm amazed they didn't bloody well blow themselves up", apparently they were a bit slack with H&S :)

I have lost count of the number of car LPG tanks I have opened whilst full, once you let the pressure out you can watch the propane gently boil!!! Its one of those jobs that you do on a windy day in the middle of nowhere. Valve failure was always the reason

• 3 weeks later...

How are you all getting on with obtaining diesel? Are there still shortages and have you come across anywhere refusing to sell you any? So far we haven't had the problems that there were a few months ago thankfully.

This is meant as a general question out of interest, but also specifically we are currently in Devizes and need to get some in the next week before we reach Reading and the Thames. There are plenty of options but any advice from you regular users of the eastern K&A would be much appreciated, both in terms of availability of diesel and best prices.

We filled up at Cropredy Marina at the weekend. Their price for propulsion diesel was £1.75, which they said had gone down a few pence recently.

I enquired about the price of a cylinder of gas: they were charging £43.

1 hour ago, Grassman said:

How are you all getting on with obtaining diesel? Are there still shortages and have you come across anywhere refusing to sell you any? So far we haven't had the problems that there were a few months ago thankfully.

This is meant as a general question out of interest, but also specifically we are currently in Devizes and need to get some in the next week before we reach Reading and the Thames. There are plenty of options but any advice from you regular users of the eastern K&A would be much appreciated, both in terms of availability of diesel and best prices.

There are not many places to fill up on the eastern K&A but Paul on "Ozzy Fuel Boat" does a sterling job between Wootton Rivers and eastwards. 07566 791067. 

On 20/05/2022 at 00:17, MtB said:

Spectacularly irresponsible from an environmental perspective.

Only way to change a faulty valve Mike, no other options I am afraid. Its done quickly probably seconds of no valve on the tank.

5 hours ago, Athy said:

We filled up at Cropredy Marina at the weekend. Their price for propulsion diesel was £1.75, which they said had gone down a few pence recently.

I enquired about the price of a cylinder of gas: they were charging £43.

I'm surprised that the diesel is as "cheap" as that.

We passed a few petrol stations yesterday on our way home that had diesel at over £2 per litre. One was closer to £2.10 per litre :blink:

We waited until we got home to refuel and got ours at £1.78 per litre.

Our local LPG supplier has finally got LPG back on again. Must remember to refill the bottles next time we get the van out so we are ready to head of to the Isle of Wight at the end of the month.

• 1 month later...
On 06/06/2022 at 13:28, Naughty Cal said:

We passed a few petrol stations yesterday on our way home that had diesel at over £2 per litre. One was closer to £2.10 per litre 

I noticed our local ASDA had road diesel at £1.85 today, that is about 10p cheaper than I have seen it, so probably going down now.

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

Anyone know the current price of diesel at Shobnall or Fazely Mill. 

I don't know the price at Shobnall because they were closed when we last stopped, appears they only open until 14:30.

19 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I noticed our local ASDA had road diesel at £1.85 today, that is about 10p cheaper than I have seen it, so probably going down now.

Yes, likewise with petrol: last week my wife paid £1.82.9 per litre, whereas a couple of weeks earlier she was charged £1.89.9.

Similarly, I have just ordered domestic heating oil from Boilerjuice. Last time we bought some, in the spring, it was a rather steep 95p per litre, now it's down to 85p.

Edited by Athy

8 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

That has to be the most expensive ever!  £1.829 would be far nearer the mark! 😂

:clapping:

Now I know why the forum missed you while you were away.

Thanks for the correction, much appreciated.

No. But Wheaton Ashton £1.22 I've been told. Snobnall is normally very similar in comparison. Depending on delivery dates of fresh diesel. Like others have said its on its way down in price 👍

I filled up there (Fazeley) a couple of days or so ago-was £1.31 domestic -cant remember the other -think £1.6? but thats my memory price so take with a pinch of salt..

Edited by PaulJ

4 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Yes it is definitely dropping now. Cheapest we have seen diesel this week is £1.83 a litre.

Might hold off filling the van up for a couple of weeks and see just how far it does drop.

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Yes it is definitely dropping now. Cheapest we have seen diesel this week is £1.83 a litre.

Might hold off filling the van up for a couple of weeks and see just how far it does drop.

Road diesel round the corner is £1.83, Morrisons and Asda are still £1.95.

We now hold the dubious distinction of having been written the highest bill ever by the fuelboat two weeks ago, not just for us but him too, and it didn't even fill our tanks. Hoping that prices really do fall, we can't go on like this.

Edited by wandering snail

10 hours ago, wandering snail said:

Hoping that prices really do fall, we can't go on like this.

Most people thinking diesel isn't going to go back to the old prices .

The best price we have seen this summer is £1.18 at domestic rate and £1.50 at the 60/40 split.

What will you do if thats the new normal?

3 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Most people thinking diesel isn't going to go back to the old prices .

The best price we have seen this summer is £1.18 at domestic rate and £1.50 at the 60/40 split.

What will you do if thats the new normal?

Pay it.

What other option is there?

13 hours ago, AndrewIC said:

Road diesel round the corner is £1.83, Morrisons and Asda are still £1.95.

Strange that. Asda is the cheapest round here for diesel at £1.83.

The Shell garage on the A57 at Anston is still stubbornly stuck at £2 per litre. People are still going and paying it though despite it being 17ppl cheaper a couple of miles along the road.

Still undecided if we are going to refuel  the van this weekend or not. We are only heading to Lincoln this weekend so not going far and we have plenty of fuel onboard, about two thirds of a tank. If we don't refuel it this weekend then we definitely need too the weekend after when we have been out to Denton. Need it to be full for when we head to Shell Island in Wales at the end of the month.