Diesel price

dave mackie

Featured Posts

It was £1.39 at Canal Cruising in Stone yesterday. They'd previously had a minor blip when a scheduled delivery was a few days late, and this seems to be a common problem. Deliveries are being carried out but not as time critical or guaranteed as they used to be, so when stocks begin to run low boatyards tend to put restrictions in place so as not to run out. This is particularly so where they do boat hire, or with marinas where they give priority to their moorers.

42 minutes ago, Grassman said:

It was £1.39 at Canal Cruising in Stone yesterday. They'd previously had a minor blip when a scheduled delivery was a few days late, and this seems to be a common problem. Deliveries are being carried out but not as time critical or guaranteed as they used to be, so when stocks begin to run low boatyards tend to put restrictions in place so as not to run out. This is particularly so where they do boat hire, or with marinas where they give priority to their moorers.

I didn't realise they sold diesel

22 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I didn't realise they sold diesel

I think they do. We were in there for blacking so I don't know for sure whether they sell to passing boaters. If they do so then the fuel hose is very long and will reach over the back of their hire boats if there's a lot of them parked up, making it quite an easy operation.

6 hours ago, Grassman said:

I think they do. We were in there for blacking so I don't know for sure whether they sell to passing boaters. If they do so then the fuel hose is very long and will reach over the back of their hire boats if there's a lot of them parked up, making it quite an easy operation.

According to Waterway Routes they do diesel, gas and pump out. However, I understand that, i8n common with most hire bases, they are reluctant to interrupt a tight turn around day.

14 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

£1.40 per litre at Rugby Boats yesterday. Chap said that deliveries are unpredictable and he didn't know how much he was going to have to pay unlil the tanker turned up. He has to order with the price unknown.

Our marina said the same with regard to Calor.

21 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

Our marina said the same with regard to Calor.

I presume that with so many more pubs and private dwellings having patio heaters now, this summer is going to be the same as last year regarding the shortage of gas. I've managed to acquire an extra cylinder from a mate who works for Calor, so with 3 of them in my bow locker I should be okay this year. Even he had great difficulty getting hold of one.

7 hours ago, Grassman said:

I presume that with so many more pubs and private dwellings having patio heaters now, this summer is going to be the same as last year regarding the shortage of gas. I've managed to acquire an extra cylinder from a mate who works for Calor, so with 3 of them in my bow locker I should be okay this year. Even he had great difficulty getting hold of one.

You have a man on the inside?

Would he like to make a living on the side, tax free, nod nod wink wink, know what I mean, nudge nudge?

I notice that the Calor cylinder painting  refers to Warwick. Surely they are not all refilled or serviced there?

Edited by Tracy D'arth

28 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I notice that the Calor cylinder painting  refers to Warwick. Surely they are not all refilled or serviced there?

That's just their head office.

I think there's only 2 places where they are refilled and serviced now, one being Port Talbot. I can't remember the name of the other one.

One does the North and the other does the South, that's why it appears that the regions get varying levels of service.

I've just checked my Calor account online and the 13kg Propanes have gone up £3 :(

Edited by Liam

Just now, Liam said:

I've just checked my Calor account online and the 13kg Propanes have gone up £3 :(

If you're only paying £3 for them it's no wonder they won't deliver you any! ;)

Derek's getting about a quarter of the number he orders when he gets any at all.

* Gone up £3 as in was £37, now £40.

The Calor issue has been going on for about 2 years all together now. It's still absolutely shocking and deliveries are constantly late and always short.

I'm trying to work around it by ordering about 10 at a time rather than say 20, and I have split up my available cylinders so I can arrange deliveries to both Leigh and Preston Brook. It seems little and often works best when ordering.

4 hours ago, Liam said:

That's just their head office.

I think there's only 2 places where they are refilled and serviced now, one being Port Talbot. I can't remember the name of the other one.

One does the North and the other does the South, that's why it appears that the regions get varying levels of service.

I think the other used to be Ellesmere port bu t it's been about 20 years since I went there for a bottle (although considering it again...) I'm guessing they probably had a pipe from Stanlow refinery...

32 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

I think the other used to be Ellesmere port bu t it's been about 20 years since I went there for a bottle (although considering it again...) I'm guessing they probably had a pipe from Stanlow refinery...

What's the place on the Wolverhampton Level between Birmingham and Wolverhampton 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2022 at 21:10, Richard T said:

£1.15 at Shobnall at Burton on Wednesday

Just had a quote of £1.19 per litre from them. Shame I'd already tanked up. Definitely the best value so far this season.

3 minutes ago, Puffling said:

Just had a quote of £1.19 per litre from them. Shame I'd already tanked up. Definitely the best value so far this season.

£1.30 per litre domestic at Fenny Compton yesterday.