Diesel price

dave mackie

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, davem399 said:

Regarding the price of diesel, I read this morning on the BBC website that the UK gets almost one fifth of it’s diesel from Russia.  I didn’t realise it was such a high proportion and I guess it might be the reason for the recent price hikes (excluding profiteering of course!).

I put this on earlier, along with the fact that supplies are being restricted, think large steel boxes at war to where it might be going. Also the refineries are slowing production down I suspect as a bit of punishment to us all

18 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I put this on earlier, along with the fact that supplies are being restricted, think large steel boxes at war to where it might be going. Also the refineries are slowing production down I suspect as a bit of punishment to us all

Thanks Peter, I obviously missed it as I sometime skim over the posts and don’t always pick up on everything posted.

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

That looks amazing could you moor your camper there as per the blurb on the website?

If so we might follow suit

Yes we stayed in the car park last night. 

Had breakfast there this morning as well and that was equally as good.

Back on the subject of diesel.

Just called to refuel the van ready for our Easter break in North Norfolk and it clicked off at £99 before it was full 😕

(Not all used to go get a pie 🤣🤣🤣)

The chap in front of us put £10 in his car. He must have been going to Pump 1! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/03/2022 at 16:01, Nightwatch said:

We have just purchased domestic diesel at £1.40. With apologies from the seller. Not their fault.

That’s a ‘nice’ sign. Saves you going in to ask. 

They have diesel again now

On 30/03/2022 at 00:01, Liam said:

I ordered fuel yesterday, and it was a fair bit more per litre than the price on than the price website. Even Kerosense is more than that at the moment!

image.png.d4c8211c86142113980525f6c9e1b199.png

6 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

150 p/lt domestic I noticed as we came past Streethay.

I gave you a wave. 
I was the grumpy looking one priming up some wood. 

Think I’m fed up being in a shed while the weather’s good. 

Anyway, it’s 16p(ish) cheaper than it were on Monday. 

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I gave you a wave. 
I was the grumpy looking one priming up some wood. 

Think I’m fed up being in a shed while the weather’s good. 

Anyway, it’s 16p(ish) cheaper than it were on Monday. 

The wife did clock the boat name as we had passed.

Leaving aside price, is availability ok?

I ask because my marina (in Staffordshire) e-mailed me to say that they were limiting the amount each person could buy.

Admittedly, this was a few weeks ago but they haven't said the policy has changed.

48 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I ask because my marina (in Staffordshire) e-mailed me to say that they were limiting the amount each person could buy.

Admittedly, this was a few weeks ago but they haven't said the policy has changed.

I've had no problems so far, although Rick on the fuel boat did have delivery problems during the last fuel foolishness,  purely land based garages were showing some shortages a few weeks ago but I've not seen any recently. 

58 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If its gravy, it must be 'Onion Gravy' if not, then its got to be 'Fruity Curry sauce'

I will give you the onion gravy but not the fruity curry sauce, that would almost put me off a good chippy 

57 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Great Haywood were getting a delivery this morning just before I filled up.  No mention of any supply issues or restricting what I could have.

32 minutes ago, Puffling said:

Sileby Mill Boatyard yesterday £1.40/ litre domestic, recent delivery. I heard that  a little further down the Soar, Pilling's Lock Marina were charging the same.

£1-40 on the Bridgewater at Thorne Marine