Diesel price

dave mackie

Featured Posts

We have just purchased domestic diesel at £1.40. With apologies from the seller. Not their fault.

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Came past Kings Bromley marina and they don't have any diesel for visiting boats until the next delivery comes in

SmallDSCF6300.jpg

That’s a ‘nice’ sign. Saves you going in to ask. 

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Fuel prices - Farmers Weekly (fwi.co.uk) for what farmers are paying, not a man or woman standing around to put 100 lts in the boat every now and again

So that's more like the price boatyards will be buying their diesel at. Got to add overheads and profit to get a price a boater would pay.

• Greenie 1

Agree,

So a chap leaves the job he is doing which is earning him £40 -£50 an hour, puts 50 lts of diesel in your boat, takes the money, fills in the paperwork and he has been away from his job for twenty minutes for what he earns on 50 lts of diesel.

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Fuel prices - Farmers Weekly (fwi.co.uk) for what farmers are paying, not a man or woman standing around to put 100 lts in the boat every now and again

I ordered fuel yesterday, and it was a fair bit more per litre than the price on than the price website. Even Kerosense is more than that at the moment!

I'm confused, here at Lower Park Marina the domestic price is £1.00, how can others be charging nearly twice that, it would be cheaper to buy white. I understand swish marinas do charge a premium, and there has been significant price variations recently. 

I was under the impression that red diesel was cheaper down south where there are lots of marinas, therefore more competition. Not sure that is holding up. 

Edited by LadyG

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

I'm confused, here at Lower Park Marina the domestic price is £1.00, how can others be charging nearly twice that, it would be cheaper to buy white. I understand swish marinas do charge a premium, and there has been significant price variations recently. 

I was under the impression that red diesel was cheaper down south where there are lots of marinas, therefore more competition. Not sure that is holding up. 

That price is probably based on what the marina paid for their last delivery. Wait and see what they charge after the next one.

• Greenie 1

Thing is there isn't a lot of point in whinging about it on here. Rishi wotisface knocked 5p off a litre and told garages to drop their prices immediately, they didn't. The oil producing conglomerate said they would increase the number of barrels produced. That sent oil prices into a tail spin but garages still did not reduce their prices. Funny thing though almost to the day that the idiot putin walked into Ukraine petrol prices went up. I call scammers of the highest order and don't ask me to prove any of that just because you lot are to idle to look at Google. Check for yourselves.

Fuel prices always shudder and jump whenever a war involves an oil producing company. 

Trading on world markets involves forward buying, to hedge, but you will have to accept that for smaller, or maybe I should say local markets, retailing will be volatile, yes someone makes a quick profit if they happen to have a favourable contract, but that is the nature of business. 

Doubling of spot prices can mean doubling turnover, this tends to raise oil company profits, Then Richie Sunak steps in and tries to tweak forecourt prices, or, takes a hard-line and charges a "windfall tax". 

Don't expect to be cushioned from all these price rises, it won't happen. 

Edited by LadyG

39 minutes ago, Grassman said:

That price is probably based on what the marina paid for their last delivery. Wait and see what they charge after the next one.

At a quid I would suggest filling the boat tank up to the brim rather than waiting to see the price double ...

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

At a quid I would suggest filling the boat tank up to the brim rather than waiting to see the price double ...

I didn't mean wait and see before filling up, I meant wait and see what the price will rise to and then they'll realise that the £1 a litre was merely because it's old stock and not because they are cheaper than everywhere else :) .

16 hours ago, Liam said:

I ordered fuel yesterday, and it was a fair bit more per litre than the price on than the price website. Even Kerosense is more than that at the moment!

The quote I had for 500 lts heating oil via the Suffolk Oil Club, so big total order was 96p that would be plus VAT

8 hours ago, pete.i said:

Thing is there isn't a lot of point in whinging about it on here. Rishi wotisface knocked 5p off a litre and told garages to drop their prices immediately, they didn't. The oil producing conglomerate said they would increase the number of barrels produced. That sent oil prices into a tail spin but garages still did not reduce their prices. Funny thing though almost to the day that the idiot putin walked into Ukraine petrol prices went up. I call scammers of the highest order and don't ask me to prove any of that just because you lot are to idle to look at Google. Check for yourselves.

I would hardly call it a tail spin

I am checking heating oil daily at present. Yesterday 500 litres at my local company was £576 and today its precisely fifty quid less!! I spose summer is on its way and supplies are settling?? Still a ridiculous price, but going the right way at present.

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I am checking heating oil daily at present. Yesterday 500 litres at my local company was £576 and today its precisely fifty quid less!! I spose summer is on its way and supplies are settling?? Still a ridiculous price, but going the right way at present.

I am hoping things improve as I can hold out until the summer now