Trojan Battery Replacement

davidb

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You've had some good advice above, but I've not seen this answered. So I'll chip in with I think it'll be a pretty strong Yes. I've seen many recommendations here which reflect my own experience (albeit of a few years ago now) which was great service, keen pricing and excellent quick delivery to wherever your boat is. I'd have no hesitation in using Tayna again.

What he said! 

Yes, I have had some very good advice on here, thanks a lot. I plan to get a shunt and an ammeter fitted soon, and will be looking into a couple of solar panels to top up the batteries properly when nearing the end of a charge. I'll also find out if the Victron can do an equalise cycle. Yesterday we had a long evening of TV viewing and more besides and very pleased we are  with the way the voltage kept up. 

With the engine running we are soon charging at 14.5 volts and, on the clamp ammeter, the highest I see (for a short while) is about 60A.

SunLog.jpg

Edited by davidb