Webasto thermotop evo

Featured Posts

Hi all

Ive bought a new webasto thermotop evo, in last month, it’s now fitted, but switching on it  has no power, although all the wiring is right.

I’ve been told that it’s pcb will be a can bus board, and will not work as it gets it signal from the car it self.

I’ve also been told that the evo range are only for lorry’s and cars. That webasto hasn’t manufactured the a evo pcb for boats camper vans.

so you can’t buy a PCB for the evo that is suitable.

is this right?

are their any boaters that are using a thermotop evo on their boat?

thank you

col

Is this a follow up to the thread you started a couple of days ago ?

Did you contact Butler Technik ?

If your information is correct, we now have 3 reasons not to buy 'automotive' heaters.

1) Incorrect voltage programming

2) Incorect (dangerous) exhaust

3) Relies on information from the vehicle itself.

Following some good comments by some, Ihave invested in a Eberspacher. Now fitted. So, so much better and efficient than our thirty year old Alde.

Pleased so far. Plus sounds like we have a muffled jet engine. Nowhere near as noisy as the older type of Eberspacher.

Just saying.

Hi Alan

i have contacted butler Technik, and found out I have a standard heater, but the wrong timer control, so I’m going to buy a new controller

the one I have is for the air evo and won’t work.

I’m still waiting for confirmation, but on just four numbers on bar code it does look ok at the mo

im waiting for a call back

• Happy 2

5 minutes ago, bigcol said:

i have contacted butler Technik, and found out I have a standard heater, but the wrong timer control, so I’m going to buy a new controller

the one I have is for the air evo and won’t work.

Life can be so complicated.

Was this the ebay kit that you purchased ?

If the supplier gave you the wrong timer for the heater unit you may have some come-back against them

• Greenie 1

They use W Bus signalling for turning on etc, a Webasto 1533 timer provides this amongst others, or theres W Bus boxes on ebay that do the job. I use this method via a switched relay to an app on my phone so I can fire it up whenever I want remotely, hassle free for 2 years now! 

4EFE514B-4C4B-4576-AF68-905A06848B7C.jpeg

2DA71FA8-9B5E-42EA-BE9C-72F58B79778E.jpeg

Edited by andyberg

No comeback I’m afraid, due to parts missing, and me starting a case, but got a £22 part refund., once recieved I closed the return. Now I’m on my own lol, so I got a refund £22, and although I’ve had to buy more parts, I didn’t realise that the unit, or the control was wrong!!

they did tell me that the controller I got, would not start the thermotop so I’ve ordered it, and we will see

col

I’ve been told that a webasto thermotop evo, are standard, they don’t do units for cars lorry’s their all the same, one of their plans re canbus  didn’t have water pumps as the water pumps in vehicles would do the job. So the evo standardised the thermotop range.

so ordered a new controller, anybody that wants a new controller for their webasto air heater, I have one for sale lol

once I get the new controller hopefully my heater will start fingers crossed

col