K2 Prospective purchase

Floaty Me Boaty

Featured Posts

Mike, the EBay boat is the one in question. I’ve been to Norton Canes today, along with the interested party and started the K2 with him. Runs beautifully one I remembered to close the injector drains before switching over. It’s a long time since I’ve done a petrol start.....

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, dave moore said:

Mike, the EBay boat is the one in question. I’ve been to Norton Canes today, along with the interested party and started the K2 with him. Runs beautifully one I remembered to close the injector drains before switching over. It’s a long time since I’ve done a petrol start.....

Evening Dave,

Just got home, 20:15, and thanks very much for all your help today, very much appreciated.

All the guys there were very helpful and informative.

Just need to sit down tomorrow and go through all the bits and bobs that need doing and see if the owner and I can reach a deal.

Engine and Shell was superb but she is just suffering inside.

Having perforce left our boat for a long spell a couple of times there is usually not too much that cannot be recovered in a couple of long daysj spring cleaning.  Looks daunting to start with but soon starts looking better once you get going.  Lighting the fire and driving the damp out is a good start.

22 hours ago, BEngo said:

Having perforce left our boat for a long spell a couple of times there is usually not too much that cannot be recovered in a couple of long daysj spring cleaning.  Looks daunting to start with but soon starts looking better once you get going.  Lighting the fire and driving the damp out is a good start.

Hi BEngo,

If it was just a clean up i would be in there tomorrow.

The engine was a thing of Beauty and the paintjob, by CTS, is fantastic and taken her looks back to look like a traditional Boat.

Unfortunately, there were some issues we couldn't get to the bottom of as the man that fitted her out is no longer with us, so challenges are there.

That being said, the Engine and Body is sound so just need to work out what i want to do with her inside and of course the costs involved.

An example of that would be the solar i want to install.

That must be the lowest profile panels i can obtain, as it is important to show of all her lines in their current form without ruining them by panels sitting proud.

Sound Anal, but want to do Alan and Barbara  proud and make her look the best i can.

Unfortunately i cannot post the video of the engine running on here but if anyone wants to get excited, as i did, PM me and ill try to send it by email.

1 hour ago, NobbyHall said:

Unfortunately i cannot post the video of the engine running on here but if anyone wants to get excited, as i did, PM me and ill try to send it by email.

Upload it to YouTube and paste the "share" link here and the video will embed in your post.

• Greenie 1

On 23/03/2022 at 20:16, NobbyHall said:

Evening Dave,

Just got home, 20:15, and thanks very much for all your help today, very much appreciated.

All the guys there were very helpful and informative.

Just need to sit down tomorrow and go through all the bits and bobs that need doing and see if the owner and I can reach a deal.

Engine and Shell was superb but she is just suffering inside.

Thank you for your comments, for obvious reasons we couldn't use the boat during Lockdown. At the first opportunity (May 2021) we took the boat up to Cannock for a full out of water repaint which involved removing the windows etc, as you can imagine quite a lot of dust was created during the work. Sadly my husband died before the work was completed and I therefore had not option but to sell her as I live some distance from Cannock.. So the inside as I said in the advert needs a Springclean and a tidy up but at the end of the day who ever purchases the boat will have nothing to spend on the exterior. I thought I would explain what happened to make it clear to anybody that's interested.

• Love 1