CTC is selling up and living on land...

Puffling

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I have lost interest in narrow boat vlogs but that on me, not on vloggers. 

I'm not convince it is on you, tbh. The quality of what they do is wildly variable- from the professional and lively narrative of David Johns, all the way down to badly-shot video with a dull narrative presented by someone with all the vibrancy of a sedated sloth. 

At times it feels like you're watching one of those hopeful singers on Britain's Got Talent, who are utterly confident and declare that their mum has stated that they are a superb singer, but then turn out to have a hideous singing voice. 

I do genuinely wonder why some of them could ever have thought it a good idea to turn a video camera upon themselves. 

But hey- we all have hobbies, and they arent doing any harm to anyone, so why not.   

And despite my harsh words, I dont actually have a downer on the recent flood of canal vloggers. Amongst all the dross, there are some gems out there.

In fact to be fair, even some of the really bad ones have actually shown me stuff I didnt know.

I'm always a bit nervous approaching staircase locks, for example, but a couple of the vlogs have given me a full view of the approach, the appearance, paddle problems, and any other useful bits of info, so I find even some of those useful.  

If you are getting jaded about canal vloggers I would recommend 'Cruising Alba' and 'Boat Time'.

They arent pro presenters like David, but they do have a lot of fun and in my view, their videos are entertaining to watch. 

I cant for the life of me understand why I spend all all day on a narrowboat and then choose to watch other people on their narrowboats, but it is what it is.

Edited by Tony1

The last time you'll see David on the helm of his boat, as he cruises to the place it was sold.

I thought it had something of the quality of a farmer driving a much beloved cow to market, slightly melancholy:

(Well, okay, almost the last time, as the trip is in sections, each with its own video.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2022 at 10:01, PD1964 said:

The couple I feel for, are the buyers of “Silver Fox” a basic boat bought for £60K, if not more over price. If I ever pass them on the system I would just think “Mugs”   
  At least CTC’s boat was priced according to the current market through a Broker, but like all the Vloggers boats nothing special, no wow factor, that would only be for their dedicated followers.

How much did it sell for, maybe this one is better value , lots of lovely photos Narrowboat Chrissie for sale - Rob Pendleton

5 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Silver Fox was up for more than that but that looks like a much nicer boat. 

Is it worth £130k though?

That’s probably in the region what they paid for it new. 
  I would rather have this boat then “Silver Fox” looks a far better quality boat.

Reading previous posts on here, when it mentioned the Foxes not even owning their boat and being still owned by Bickerstaffe makes some sense. Bickerstaffe sold out then Foxes sold boat same time, with no sign of a new boat ever being started. They did nothing to their boats in the time they had it and never ever made it their own, always looked like it was a show boat for Bickerstaffe.

This would be a far better buy then any of the Bickerstaffe boats. Could get near the asking price if someone wants a boat quickly. 

On 29/03/2022 at 11:25, Idle Days said:

Lazy Days aka Narrowboat Experience Vlogers are also selling and moving ashore.

They’ve decided not to sell and are keeping it now. Maybe they had no interest, after all it was up for about £63k and it was nothing special very basic with no front deck. Or maybe they’re thinking they can be the No1 Vloggers now CTC and Foxes have gone and in a couple of years they’ll have the most famous boat on the canal and sell it to a mug follower for £140K.

Edited by PD1964
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liam said:

But CTC hasn't gone, he's just editing his videos on land rather than on a boat.

I know he’ll still be doing Vlogs like has been said many times before, the Foxes will also and are still doing Vlogs, but they are boat less having sold their boats, unlike Narrowboat Experience.

Just now, Norm55 said:

Foxes have just released vlog re-capping the launch of " the most famous narrowboat on the canal "

I suspect they have found that they have lost subscribers since selling up and moving onto land. I stopped watching them then as what they started doing holds no interest for me. Im guessing I am not alone.

1 hour ago, Norm55 said:

Foxes have just released vlog re-capping the launch of " the most famous narrowboat on the canal "   what an arogant pair of t***ts 

Think you mean three vlogs, to maximise the ad potential. Got to admire the brass neck of ‘em really.

51 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Just had a peek. 
Lots and lots of positive comments. 

So I had to leave one too. 

That’s because they delete any negative comments.

There was a comment a few weeks ago  from a guy watching their Friday Vlog with his children, who said he stopped watching because of the sexual innuendo’s and they must realise the time they release them that children could be watching. It was removed after about 4 minutes.

Maybe people should ask them why they bull sh#tted so much about their new boat that never was.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

That’s because they delete any negative comments.

There was a comment a few weeks ago  from a guy watching their Friday Vlog with his children, who said he stopped watching because of the sexual innuendo’s and they must realise the time they release them that children could be watching. It was removed after about 4 minutes.

Maybe people should ask them why they bull sh#tted so much about their new boat that never was.

Err.

The release time is irrelevant given once posted as long as it remains within you tube guidlines it stays.

That was a bit of a silly comment for someone to make.

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Just had a peek. 
Lots and lots of positive comments. 

So I had to leave one too. 

Its now been zapped. If I have correctly identified you in the comments section.

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Err.

The release time is irrelevant given once posted as long as it remains within you tube guidlines it stays.

That was a bit of a silly comment for someone to make.

No it isn’t, they CAN remove the comments. As they have many times. So not a silly comment.

Edited by PD1964

No it doesn’t, they CAN remove the comments. As they have many times. So not a silly comment.

I think you have misunderstood what I said in your haste to disagree with me.

At no point did I say the Foxes could not remove comments.

12 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

In that case I didn't understand ether? What did you mean?

15 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Like many Vloggers they have roughly a set time and date of new release, theirs I believe is 7pm on Fridays, the guy that put the slightly negative comment on being a subscriber must of watched it with his children at the realise time. As it was about the 5th comment, it was removed pretty quickly. His comment wasn’t even offensive more constructive if anything. 
  Maybe people should put comments on about their “never was” new boat and see if they’re removed.

Edited by PD1964

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

In that case I didn't understand ether? What did you mean?

PD said somebody had complained about 'sexual innuendo' in their videos given the time that they release them.

I pointed out the release time is irrelevant given once released the videos can be viewed at any time. As long as the video doesnt breach you tube guidlines of course.

Thats why I thought the comment that person, not PD, made was indeed rather silly.

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Like many Vloggers they have roughly a set time and date of new release, theirs I believe is 7pm on Fridays, the guy that put the slightly negative comment on being a subscriber must of watched it with his children at the realise time. As it was about the 5th comment, it was removed pretty quickly. His comment wasn’t even offensive more constructive if anything. 
  Maybe people should put comments on about their “never was” new boat and see if they’re removed.

You could put comments on and see if they are removed, not sure why you suggest others do it.

13 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

PD said somebody had complained about 'sexual innuendo' in their videos given the time that they release them.

I pointed out the release time is irrelevant given once released the videos can be viewed at any time. As long as the video doesnt breach you tube guidlines of course.

Thats why I thought the comment that person, not PD, made was indeed rather silly.

You could put comments on and see if they are removed, not sure why you suggest others do it.

I can’t, as have asked a few times before, and guess what? I sussed the new boat bollocks out a few years ago.

Maybe you ask? Why they said the base plate was laid down 2 year ago and nothing happened, but still blagged it out until “Foxes afloat” sold and did they ever own the boat?

• Greenie 1

I can’t, as have asked a few times before, and guess what? I sussed the new boat bollocks out a few years ago.

Maybe you ask? Why they said the base plate was laid down 2 year ago and nothing happened, but still blagged it out until “Foxes afloat” sold and did they ever own the boat?

Im not particularly interested and what would be the point anyway if they remove such comments?

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

Im not particularly interested and what would be the point anyway if they remove such comments?

True, but like many I think their life on the canal was a well orchestrated plan by a couple of parties for business and financial means and their biggest victim was the follower/subscriber who bought the boat. Best of luck to them now, at least we haven’t got to put up with their Canal Vlogs, as like you I think a lot aren’t interested in them now, maybe that’s why they are releasing old Vlogs as compilations.

• Greenie 1

Just now, PD1964 said:

True, but like many I think their life on the canal was a well orchestrated plan by a couple of parties for business and financial means and their biggest victim was the follower/subscriber who bought the boat. Best of luck to them now, at least we haven’t got to put up with their Canal Vlogs, as like you I think a lot aren’t interested in them now, maybe that’s why they are releasing old Vlogs as compilations.

No body ever had to 'put up' with their vlogs, viewing them was entirely voluntary.

I dont 'put up' with Emmerdale, Eastenders and Coronation Street. I just choose not to watch them.