Trent Falls (Video)

norman18grp

Featured Posts

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing that with us.

One day I know I'll have to make that trip. Can you make it down one river and up the other, without having to anchor up and wait for the tide? We'd presumably (at 67') have to go from Stockwith to Goole (and vice-versa) in one hop.

Allan

Very interesting. I'll be going this way in the summer, and was a bit windy about the Trent Falls, the name doesn't fill one with confidence, but that looked OK. What happens if you meet the Aegir coming at you? As it ever sunk anything? Or should it be avoided at all costs?

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing that with us.

One day I know I'll have to make that trip. Can you make it down one river and up the other, without having to anchor up and wait for the tide? We'd presumably (at 67') have to go from Stockwith to Goole (and vice-versa) in one hop.

Allan

Its all a matter of timeing , I pushed the tide from Keadby (their fault not mine) , then went with the tide up the Ouse.

My plan had been to go down the Trent on the last of the tide then push for a short time on the Ouse.

A NB Skipper from the Pocklington Canal told me he will go with the tide down the trent, then continue slowly with the tide down the Humber towards the Bridge untill the tide turns , then turn and go with it up the Ouse.

There is a charge of £17.56p to use Ocean Lock at Goole

DSCF1932.jpg

Big Isn't it ? :rolleyes:

Great bit of video Simon - I'll have a look at the others when I get a few minutes (well when I remember I suppose LOL)

Roy took his new camcorder on a Wash trip, then forgot to film through Boston.

I also forget I can take a film clip with mine. Mind you most phones can take better ones now.

Don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but somewhere in the UK (Cornwall???) some chaps got some old 18 Normans and fitted huge V8s and raced them. Had to make a space-frame to stop the hulls flexing too much, and take the weight of course.

I did consider getting someone with a big outboard to come with me and put it on mine for a Wash trip. Not keen on the low transom though. Speaking of which it would most likely require rebuilding, as it used to flex a bit with the 9.9.

naiadupkyme.jpg