River Medway residential moorings

daveswoodensigns

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, daveswoodensigns said:

Does anyone know of residential moorings on the River Medway in Kent between Maidstone and Tonbridge.

A friend had a mooring on the Medway, but being tidal the boat 'dries out' sinks into the mud and you cannot get off, or, back onto the boat until the tide comes back in and you use a tender.

Not practical as a residential mooring if you need to get off for work, etc.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

A friend had a mooring on the Medway, but being tidal the boat 'dries out' sinks into the mud and you cannot get off, or, back onto the boat until the tide comes back in and you use a tender.

Not practical as a residential mooring if you need to get off for work, etc.

Thanks, but that is why I was thinking of Maidstone or Tonbridge as this part of the River is not tidal. I use to live not far from Maidstone, a lovely part of England. Asking as I am not able to get there at the moment due to my 100 year old mother.

There are residential boats between Allington and Maidstone (also non-tidal); might be worth enquiring (tactfully) at the Allington and Yalding Marinas and at the East Farleigh moorings too. I suspect none are very relaxed about residential use. 

Google "Unicumes lane moorings" there are a few moorings around there some for sale some to rent.

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/59564508/

Interesting story there. Someone bought a load of land (probably from Railtrack but don't quote me on that) then applied for use as commercial moorings. Application turned down and moorings were sold as plots. People bought them (as you do) and there was significant inappropriate development. Local authority got involved (as they do) and orders were put on requiring removal of constructions from the land. 

Anyway it looks like some of the plots will come up for sale and they so seem to have mooring rights its just that you can't take the piss too much. 

An interesting one to watch 

https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/details/59564508/