Looking for crew

Beau

Featured Posts

Where you thinking of going?

Im not looking to crew, but if you said where you were going another boat might join you on the journey.

It can prove to be a good experience pairing up with another boat for awhile.

I’ve done it a few times.

Edited by Goliath

It's just a thought, but it might be worth giving a bit more detail about the possible routes, the boat, crew accommodation, and also about yourself, given that you might be spending a lot of time together in a small space. 

How old are you? What are your interests? What is your outlook on life?

Do you, for example, have a football with a human face drawn on it in marker pen (called Wilson) who argues with you every night? It can't just be me who has an evil imaginary shipmate. 

The point is, it could be a dream trip for someone, but that is more likely if they share some of your world view or your interests, and maybe if they are not 45 years younger/older than yourself.

There are some people I've met (or read their words online), and I feel that I would rather eat raw centipedes - and I mean those huge Amazonian ones- than ever step on board a boat with them- let alone spend weeks in their company.

Besides which, I'd never hear the last of it from Wilson.

Edited by Tony1
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with all the advice to say more about yourself, your boat and location(s).  Also, you might want to offer different periods on your boat as a friend of mine does - his friends leave and join near convenient railway stations.  Takes some planning to coordinate of course.  .... and you might then ask how much boating experience they have if any.

And some idea of what you mean by 'a long trip'.  Someone who usually moves only a few miles every 2 weeks might think a week on say the Warwickshire Ring is a long trip.  Others might think that anything less than 2-3 months is trivial