Betamarine control panel

Featured Posts

Does anyone know what this thing is, and what it does? It was attached to the back of the control panel. One of the wires came loose, and I couldn't stop the engine so i assumed it was something to do with the stop button.  Then after stopping the engine, the whole thing came off and now there is no power to the ignition at all.  it looks too flimsy to have broken the flow of power, but I can't see any other reason for the circuit to suddenly be interrupted.  I've looked on the internet, but no joy there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CONTROL PANEL (2).jpg

Interesting.  In the 8 years I've had the boat I've not heard a buzzer.  Which makes me think it might well have been disconnected all this time, and confirms my suspicion that it is not the source of my current woes.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would think it it just fell off you are likely to have other bits fallen off as well like the wire to the stop solenoid 

Yes, one of the wires to the stop solenoid was  disconnected, which is reconnected now, but it doesn't explain why there is no power to the ignition system.  I have checked all the wires on the control panel and they are all connected, so perhaps my problem is not with the control panel but elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Fatjoff said:

Yes, one of the wires to the stop solenoid was  disconnected, which is reconnected now, but it doesn't explain why there is no power to the ignition system.  I have checked all the wires on the control panel and they are all connected, so perhaps my problem is not with the control panel but elsewhere.

Probably a fuse. What engine is it?

2 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its the warning buzzer.

Have you checked the fuses?  Isolation switches?

How did you stop the engine, at a guess its a Beta.?

Stopping the engine was easy - I found out years ago where the engine stop lever is, and yes it's a Beta.

Looks like I'll have to do some investigative work. Thanks.

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Probably a fuse. What engine is it?

Possibly.  It's a Beta 38. I'm going to have to trace the fault but I'm happy that it's not the control panel at fault.

Just now, Tracy D'arth said:

Check if you have disturbed the multiplug on the loom, there is one by the engine but many Beta engines have another behind the control panel.

Didn't know that, thanks I will. Tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Check if you have disturbed the multiplug on the loom, there is one by the engine but many Beta engines have another behind the control panel.

Do Beta have a fuse in the loom tucked behind the engine Tracy ?

55 minutes ago, Fatjoff said:

Interesting.  In the 8 years I've had the boat I've not heard a buzzer.  Which makes me think it might well have been disconnected all this time, and confirms my suspicion that it is not the source of my current woes.

I had a similar experience. The Beta fitted buzzer failed early on. I replaced the single buzzer with two. One on the oil pressure warning light and one on the engine alternator warning light. The electrics seem to be a weak point in the otherwise excellent set ups that Beta Marine make.

Jen

I'm pretty sure that its the buzzer. Well done for finding the stop lever, Its a good idea to know where it is, I started the engine after fitting a radio, quick check for interference and so on, dislodged a wire and couldn't stop the engine. No big deal except the boat was on dry land, its heat exch cooled from the canal and therefore had no cooling. Took probably 30 seconds of panic but now I too know where the stop lever is.

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

One the side of the injection pump connected to the stop solenoid by a rod. Pull and it stops.

Thanks Tracy D! I could doubtless find it easily enough, but possibly not quickly if panicking!