No fuel boat - where do we get Diesel on the Thames, Kingston area?

vanboosh

Featured Posts

So Penton Hook lock is closed, which means Chris can't get down our way for another couple of weeks. Any ideas? We don't need a lot, just enough to keep our heater going until Chris can get through, so I guess maybe a trip to the local petrol station with a jerry can, but I'm not in love with the current diesel prices at the pump!

9 hours ago, Bacchus said:

Chris on Merchant? I am sure he'd meet you on the other side of the lock and you could ferry your jerries from there?

I thought that I read that Merchant had stopped trading?

Edited by Tim Lewis

4 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

I thought that I read that Merchant had stopped trading?

Has he??? That's a blow. I walked past his boat the other day and the covers were up which is unusual, but I have seen him on the move within the last month or so. He re-engined the boat only last year so I assumed he was at least planning on continuing for a while.

On 10/03/2022 at 21:51, vanboosh said:

So Penton Hook lock is closed, which means Chris can't get down our way for another couple of weeks. Any ideas? We don't need a lot, just enough to keep our heater going until Chris can get through, so I guess maybe a trip to the local petrol station with a jerry can, but I'm not in love with the current diesel prices at the pump!

Penton hook marina just below the lock mega bucks to buy but may do

I just remember it as being really tight to turn Parglena (61'x11'6") in its own length at the end of the pontoon inside the Marina and then reverse down onto the fuel berth.  Having just checked on google maps there is only 70ft between moored boats at the end of the hammerhead. This is assuming that the fuel berth is still in the same place.

3 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I just remember it as being really tight to turn Parglena (61'x11'6") in its own length at the end of the pontoon inside the Marina and then reverse down onto the fuel berth.  Having just checked on google maps there is only 70ft between moored boats at the end of the hammerhead. This is assuming that the fuel berth is still in the same place.

left that area in 2008 ish

I ended up taking a couple of jerry cans and paying £1.80 at the petrol station around the corner. Painful, but we only put in a little bit to last until Chris can get back down this way, hopefully in a couple of weeks!

12 minutes ago, vanboosh said:

I ended up taking a couple of jerry cans and paying £1.80 at the petrol station around the corner. Painful, but we only put in a little bit to last until Chris can get back down this way, hopefully in a couple of weeks!

That is probably the same as you will be paying him soon