Jump to content

No fuel boat - where do we get Diesel on the Thames, Kingston area?


vanboosh
 Share

Featured Posts

So Penton Hook lock is closed, which means Chris can't get down our way for another couple of weeks. Any ideas? We don't need a lot, just enough to keep our heater going until Chris can get through, so I guess maybe a trip to the local petrol station with a jerry can, but I'm not in love with the current diesel prices at the pump!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bacchus said:

Chris on Merchant? I am sure he'd meet you on the other side of the lock and you could ferry your jerries from there?

 

I thought that I read that Merchant had stopped trading?

Edited by Tim Lewis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

I thought that I read that Merchant had stopped trading?

 

Has he??? That's a blow. I walked past his boat the other day and the covers were up which is unusual, but I have seen him on the move within the last month or so. He re-engined the boat only last year so I assumed he was at least planning on continuing for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/03/2022 at 21:51, vanboosh said:

So Penton Hook lock is closed, which means Chris can't get down our way for another couple of weeks. Any ideas? We don't need a lot, just enough to keep our heater going until Chris can get through, so I guess maybe a trip to the local petrol station with a jerry can, but I'm not in love with the current diesel prices at the pump!

Penton hook marina just below the lock mega bucks to buy but may do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Penton hook marina just below the lock mega bucks to buy but may do

 

As with most things you have the choice to pay the asking-price, or you go eleswhere or do without.

 

Only you can make the decision that suits you and meets your needs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Shepperton Marina always used to be cheap for diesel but its a bugger to get into if you are over 50ft. ;)

 

Why is that. Used to be ok in our 62 footer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just remember it as being really tight to turn Parglena (61'x11'6") in its own length at the end of the pontoon inside the Marina and then reverse down onto the fuel berth.  Having just checked on google maps there is only 70ft between moored boats at the end of the hammerhead. This is assuming that the fuel berth is still in the same place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I just remember it as being really tight to turn Parglena (61'x11'6") in its own length at the end of the pontoon inside the Marina and then reverse down onto the fuel berth.  Having just checked on google maps there is only 70ft between moored boats at the end of the hammerhead. This is assuming that the fuel berth is still in the same place.

left that area in 2008 ish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ended up taking a couple of jerry cans and paying £1.80 at the petrol station around the corner. Painful, but we only put in a little bit to last until Chris can get back down this way, hopefully in a couple of weeks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, vanboosh said:

I ended up taking a couple of jerry cans and paying £1.80 at the petrol station around the corner. Painful, but we only put in a little bit to last until Chris can get back down this way, hopefully in a couple of weeks!

That is probably the same as you will be paying him soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That is probably the same as you will be paying him soon

Probably, but I’d rather support him and his business, plus it’s delivered straight to the boat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.