For Sale - Myford 10 lathe

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone,

My cousin was a tool maker, and unfortunately has passed away. I am his executor, and am very keen to sell his Myford 10 lathe, and so I'm hoping someone on the forum will be interested. I will add pictures of the actual lathe, but here is a link that Myford sent me, so you can see their info about the model.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/myfordml10/

The lathe is attached to a Black and Decker workmate, which will be included. There are some tools, which I'll list separately, as I have no pictures at the moment of the tools. The lathe is still in his house in Birmingham B10. Collection would be ideal, although I would be happy to deliver within reason, although I would need help to get it into my car. It's very heavy!!!

I will add photos of the lathe soon. I need to reduce them as they are too large. Please PM me with your number, and I will give you a call. Thanks!

Here are photos of the lathe. I think my cousin must have been servicing it. He loved taking stuff apart and putting it back together! I will be going to the house again at the weekend, so will get photos of any tools. He was also a great cyclist, competing in his younger days, so there are some other tools too!

IMG-20220309-WA0018 (1).jpg

IMG-20220309-WA0019 (1).jpg

IMG-20220309-WA0013 (1).jpg

IMG-20220309-WA0017 (1).jpg

IMG-20220309-WA0015 (1).jpg

IMG-20220309-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20220309-WA0014.jpg

Great work. Looks in good nick. 

I've moved the thread to boat building and maintenance, as the forsale area requires you to login to view it. So those on the model engineering FB page should be able to see it. 

Thanks

The two covers on the floor fit over the changewheels and the countershaft drive. Looks like the original motor on the floor too but that Dewhurst drum switch behind the tailstock looks a tad dodgy.

Looks like it has had a new motor, for a variable speed drive perhaps?

23 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

The two covers on the floor fit over the changewheels and the countershaft drive. Looks like the original motor on the floor too but that Dewhurst drum switch behind the tailstock looks a tad dodgy.

Looks like it has had a new motor, for a variable speed drive perhaps?

I have no clue. I didn't know the lathe was there until Bill had died, and I started clearing the house.

On 12/03/2022 at 17:30, DHutch said:

Great work. Looks in good nick. 

I've moved the thread to boat building and maintenance, as the forsale area requires you to login to view it. So those on the model engineering FB page should be able to see it. 

Thanks

Thanks so much for your help. I need it to go to a good home, but can't just give it away.......

A good place to advertise it is the home workshop site.  home workshop.org.uk.

Lots of other model engineering stuff on there, and you can probably get a price guide by looking at the other Myfords that have sold.  Price will be much affected by the number and type of any extra bits with the main machine.

Also worth finding your local model engineering society.  You cousin was perhaps a member and they should be able to help with pricing, identifying the extra bits etc.

N

• Greenie 1